Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And we are finally PUPO

This is a very condensed version as I am on self prescribed bedrest today and typing on my phone. I will amend it tomorrow with more details.

I am officially PUPO, but it was such an ordeal. Once we got to the clinic and changed we waited for a bit for my RE to come in. The u/s lady checked me and said that my bladder was good. I was a bit nervous as we haven't heard anything from the lab. So once RE came in my first question was - How are they? The answer was perfect - 2 best ones got thawed and 2 still left in the freezer. At that point I could breathe again :).  I got cleaned and RE got all set up and they brought my snowbabies, but he didn't like something and after discussing with u/s tech said that we are not transferring now. I was like WTH? Apparently my uterus was contracting and to stop it RE wanted me to have a PIO shot right away and try in about an hour. So I had to pee, but only 2 cups :) and have a heart- to-heart with my uterus to be more welcoming to our   snowbabies. Well something worked and in the following 1.5 hours I was PUPO. The u/s tech came by and said that the transfer went very very good. We didn't stay at the clinic for long as I wanted to get home. We did stop by my REs office so my nurse could give us instructions for PIO shots which I have to continue for another week in addition to Prometrium that I have been taking. Beta 2 weeks from today on July 6.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats and welcome home Snow babies!!!

    Rest now and incubate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congratulations!

    I'm so happy everything worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being PUPO!!! Congratulations! Got any fun relaxing mags, shows, movies, books planned for the next few days??

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! your beta is the day after my b-day and for my b-day i want you to get a BFP! good luck! i'll be crossing everything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!! try to get some rest and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for PUPO..but what a crazy start! wow!! Did they say why your uterus was contracting! How scary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that you are PUPO and taking it easy! It sounds like you have some great embabies inside of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. COngrats on PUPO!!! And how great the 2 best thawed. THinking of you in this 2ww and hoping this is finally it for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete