Saturday, June 18, 2011

FET Countdown T - 5 days

The u/s on Friday went pretty good. The lining was measured at 1.1 cm which both the u/s tech and my nurse said was great for implantation. My ovaries were quiet, and apparently that's what they want to see. I asked my nurse if I ovulated already as I've been having lots of cm, and she said that cm is caused by estrace and since I was on estrace, I would not ovulate. I guess that it the reason why my RE said that I can be on estrace for a long period of time.

I've also read somewhere that the release of the progesterone in our bodies happen after ovulation (and that's what causes the increase in temperature - for those who are temping). So, I guess once they introduce progesterone the countdown to transfer begins, as introducing estrogen is signalling the body that it ovulated and therefore should prepare to the "little one" coming. The transfer should be exactly on the 5th day of the progesterone.

I got a call from my nurse later in the afternoon on Friday, and she told me that notwithstanding that I am complaining that most of the stuff just leaks out, it is working very well as my estrogen is at 4,000 level. The FET was scheduled for next Wednesday, July 22, and I was to start 600 mg progesterone per day on Saturday (i.e. 2 pills x 3 times a day, vaginally!!!).

Today is day number one of progesterone. Yep, even more ickyness. I don't think my body really likes estrace, as it is hard to keep the pills inside!!! I shove them in and they are shoved out right back, and even when I somehow manage to stick them inside, there is so much mess. Today I was thinking that the prometrium would help in holding the little estrace pills in, nope, didn't really work. I have to figure out something, pretty quick. Although, it does look like progesterone pills have been staying put for now. This whole struggle with pills and icky mess is just frustrating!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad things are right on track!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK! I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete