I am on CD 8 today, and after b/w & u/s on CD3 started taking estrace 4mg in the morning and in the evening. So it has been 6 days of estrace, and I start to feel s/e. I have been bloated for the past 2 day. I am so bloated that I am considering wearing bigger size pants to work tomorrow. I also have been having headaches for a few days in a row now, although not sure if I can attribute them to estrace or to always changing weather.
Did I tell you how I hate estrace? I take two little pills - vaginally. First of all, I could never imagine that two little pills can produce so much mess!!! Second, I've been having lots of cm and those little pills don't want to stay in where I put them, so it is a struggle to shove them in and make them stay. In addition, I would really love to have some intimacy with DH, but when I am constantly leaking blue stuff, I am not feeling that sexy or desirable. The problem is that it will get worse once I start progesterone - 3 times per day (vaginally of course), and once we do the transfer there is no sex or orgasm during the 2ww, but I guess we'll have to get to the transfer first.
So today was my biopsy. I asked my nurse and she said that it is a quick, albeit a bit painful, procedure. I told my boss that I have to step out for 45 minutes (thinking 15 min walk to the clinic, 15 min for procedure and 15 min walk back). When I got to the clinic, the waiting room was full with women, and the receptionist was on the phone telling another person that the RE is running late. I asked her how late he was going to be, and she replied that she would not know until he starts procedures. That made me scared as there were about 10 ladies in the waiting room. So I asked her to ask my nurse if I can reschedule for another time. She talked to my nurse, and it turned out that the ladies who were in the waiting room were waiting for their SHG or HSG which involved the two u/s rooms, but since I was having a biopsy done, and I was in a regular room, I was actually taken right away.
The nurse, Rosy, who is not my nurse but whom DH & I met before, walked into the room and was trying to make me comfortable. By the time RE came in she was already holding my hand and explaining the procedure. It was supposed to be just a pinch when the actual biopsy was being done, but I started cramping even before the RE started preparing the area. As I am all bloated from estrace, it was hard for him to insert a catheter in and he used up 3 or more catheters by the time he got it in, and at that point I was already in a lot of pain. Rosy was holding my hand all the time, telling me that i am doing great, patting my hair and telling me to breath. By the time the actual biopsy started (it did take less than a minute) I was in so much pain that i didn't really feel it that much. Rosy said that I might spot and RE responded that I will definitely be spotting and most likely bleeding, but that's ok. Once RE cleaned me up and left, Rosy brought me some water and asked me to lay on a table for a bit before trying to sit up.
Rosy was great, she made me sit up very slowly and stay sitting for a few minutes to make sure that all cramps were subsiding and that I was ok. And all throughout she was being very encouraging, telling me about the research and that from their own experience at the clinic the implantation rate improves after biopsy and to stay positive no matter what. Thank G-d for compassionate people.
I called DH right after I left, and told him that I really hoped it was all worth it. We decided that there was no point for him to spend 2 hours commuting downtown for a 5 minute procedure, but he did want to know all the details.
I had been cramping really badly the entire day and spotting heavily too. On top of everything, the work has been crazy busy and I had the second in a row 14 hour day at the office. I am definitely taking ET off, otherwise my poor embies don't stand a chance.
I did ask RE when the ET is going to be and he told me that I can take estrace for a long time, but as soon as I start progesterone, it must be on the 5th day (or 5 days after). So I might push for ET on a Friday and have Friday & Saturday off. I don't know just some thoughts, as DH & I were also thinking to let things run their natural course.
Next step is u/s and b/w on Friday morning, which should shed some light on how my lining is doing.
Do you do acupuncture, found it great for my headaches. amazing complelely dissapeared
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything. Though my outcome was depressing, I found that all the stress and worry I had with IVF, wasn't present with the FET. I wish you all the best!
ReplyDeleteYou're so brave to go to that appointment alone. I'm glad you had a nice nurse with you!
ReplyDeleteWhile I received my estrogen via injection I also had horrible headaches (migraine level in fact) it was horrible. Thankfully they have subsided to a tolerable level. Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeletebest of luck!!!
ReplyDeleteYou might want to consider ordering a belly band from this ebay seller, they are fantastic for dealing with the Medication bloat!!
http://shop.ebay.ca/milibryson/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686