Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last day of 2011!!!! 30w1d & 30w2d

I am repeating this over and over again looking at my big tummy: "I can't believe this is happening! We are so blessed and I am so grateful!!!" I can't believe the difference a year makes. I've been tearing up the entire day yesterday and today just thinking about the little miracle that was create in 2011 and has been very active in my tummy.

I was rereading my blog entry from last year's New Year celebration, and here is an excerpt: "My cousin, who immigrated to Canada in the summer, told us that last New Years eve, she and her DH made a wish, wrote it on a piece of paper, burned it and drank it with their champagne when the clock was striking midnight. So, we all tried to do that - the paper was too thick, it didn't burn properly, so we all were chewing those pieces of paper. You all know what my wish was, but that was also the wish of my entire family, they all ate those stupid pieces of paper just to make sure that we have a better chance in our wish, and I am so grateful to all of them." Well, it did work and we are very close to fulfilling our dream of becoming parents. Unbelievable!!! When I talked about it with DH this morning, he reminded me that he did tell me that we would get pregnant before the year end, and we surely did!

Last year I made a list of top 10 things for the passed year, and top 10 things for the New Year. This year my top 10 things for the last year are: 1-10 GETTING PREGNANT!!! I just wanted to compare how I did with all things I set up for myself at this time last year. Take a look:

Top 10 wishes for 2011 (again, in no particular order)

1. To get pregnant and give birth to a baby (or babies);
Well we did get pregnant, but the birth would have to wait another.

2. To lose weight (5-10 kg before the next IVF attempt); I did lose some weight but not as much as I wanted to.

3. Take classes to learn Hebrew; Nope, and I think I forgot what I learned before.

4. Find a new job and/or work less hours; Well, since I became pregnant I am gradually decreasing my hours, so this one is kind of CHECK!

5. learn how to cook; Neaah, but will have to do it once the baby is born and we get into the hang of things.

6. attend 2 weddings (one in Barbados and the other one also in the Caribbean); Unfortunately the wedding in Barbados was cancelled, and the second wedding was local and we did attend (all 3 of us ;) )

7. celebrate my sister's 30th in Las Vegas; We didn't as when my sis was booking the tickets, we didn't know if our 2nd IVF worked. It didn't but by the time we found that out, it was too late for the tickets (nor did we have spare money, as we didn't really know what else is in store for us on the baby front).

8. celebrate DH and I 10th anniversary of our fist blind date, and 5th anniversary of our wedding; That we did, although the 10th anniversary celebration was ruined by me POASing and getting a BFN for our 2nd IVF. The wedding anniversary was better, as we already knew that we were pregnant, although the nausea kept our activities limited on our short trip to Kingston.

9. finish the basement in the house (that's more DH then me, but I am running out of ideas); Basement is not done, but it is much cleaner and DH & his brother did do some work there. They have a plan to have major renovations done until the baby gets here (so in the next 2 months), I'll believe it when I see it. I am not worried though, even though it would be nice to have a finished basement, the house is big, so we have enough space for the baby.

10. organize all paperwork at home. We have done a lot of throwing out stuff, including my papers and notes from high school, university and law school. There are still a few boxes, but the majority is done. So that would be a check!!!

Next year, 2012, will be filled with lots of first, excitement and unknowns, but I think both DH & I are sooooo ready for that. We've been waiting for 5 years for this miracle.

But back to everyday life, yesterday (Friday) was an exhausting day. The 2 hour GD test was not bad. I was supposed to get there by 9 a.m., but because there was barely any traffic, DH dropped me off at 8:50 a.m. There were a lot of people at the lab and I was a bit discouraged. However, it turned out I was the only one who was doing the 2 hour test, even though there were a bunch of pregnant girls doing a 1 hour test. So once they first took my blood, and thereafter gave me the drink, they sent me off to a little room with a very comfy armchair and a foot rest, so I didn't have to stay with everyone. A few minutes after I got settled, I noticed there was another couple who was doing the same test, and they were put in the cubicle (which was not as convenient as my little room!), so I was very happy that we got there when we did. I spent most of the time either on my iphone or just resting. They were pretty good at sticking to the schedule. After I finished my drink, in exactly an hour I had the second blood draw and then 1 hour later the third. They also did it pretty professional, as I had them take it from the same arm and now, a day later, it is barely noticeable. I did get a bit nauseous from the drink and a headache from spending 2 hours at that place, but otherwise it was not a problem.

My dad picked me up and drove me to my parent's house were I had my first meal of the day, close to noon. My mom and I (together with my brother, of course) went to look for something to wear for New Years. We went to a bunch of stores and to the mall. We also stopped by a maternity store that I saw nice things at, but it was the most disappointing as they had nothing nice, and the price were very high. I was so tired I didn't even care that we haven't bought anything for me. We did buy a top for my mom. My mom then mentioned sushi and the three of us went to a sushi place in our neighbourhood.

When they dropped me off at the house, I was so exhausted that I just went upstairs to take a nap, until DH came home about 1.5 hours later. We went to my sis' house for Shabbat dinner (even though I still felt a bit full from sushi) but had a nice time there as well. I made little gift bags for my niece and nephews. We bought a tree ornament for each of them with cartoon characters (cars - for boys, and princesses - for my niece), plus some kinder surprise and other candies. But since I only made them for my family, I couldn't wait to give it to them at our house on New Year's eve as there will be tons of other kids too. We stopped by my BIL & SIL house to drop those presents to my nephews, and spent a few moments with them putting the surprise toys together.

Once back home, we watched some TV and then continued with preparations. DH was cooking and I was tidying up the main floor and finalizing decorations in the living room, as well as decorating the stairs the way I do every year. I was also hoping to clean up upstairs, but I was too tired, and we didn't get to bed until after 1 a.m. However, I was up around 9 a.m., not because I wanted to, but because I couldn't sleep anymore, which was a bummer as I wanted to sleep for as long as possible to be able to stay up very late. I did manage to clean up the bedroom upstairs, while DH was sleeping. He helped me with a few remaining boxes when he woke up. Then, we had breakfast and watched some New Year's programming (from Russia) to try to get into the spirit. I wrapped all the gifts, and am happy to report that I am pretty ready for the kids party at 4:30 p.m. I have a few things to do in between (hopefully to have a nap in between), but otherwise everything is going according to plan.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! AND SEE YOU ALL IN 2012!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment