Saturday, December 24, 2011

Reminiscing

First of all a very Merry Christmas to all of my followers who are celebrating tonight and tomorrow!!!

I have been thinking about this blog entry for a while now, but didn't have time to actually sit down and write it.

In October I missed my anniversary on ivf(dot)ca (an amazing forum which helped me greatly and where I found out about blogging), and in November I missed my 1 year anniversary on the blogger. Now we are in December, and it does warrant a look back.

Five years ago, in December 2006, DH & I happily married for 3 months decided to finally stop protection. I remember the night we first BDed without any protection. I was in awe that it was finally happening. I wanted to have a baby even before we got married, and had all the general blood work done a few months before the wedding. I thought it was it, I was finally getting pregnant, as I could feel DH's swimmers inside me! We were living with my parents and DH was a bit apprehensive about getting pregnant at my parents' house (how naive!!!). Little did we know what life had in the books for us...

On December 26, 2007, we moved into our own house. We had closing at the end of November and spent a month making renovations. I remember that on boxing day we packed DH's Honda civic and my BIL's van and moved all of our little possessions into the new house. We had our king size mattress delivered a few days before, so we kind of had a bed to sleep in. On the way to our new house, DH told me that the mattress was delivered and we would be staying at the house, I asked him if the following night we will be going back to my parents. He said "No", and it felt like he cut my umbilical cord, my connection to my parents. I don't think I was fully ready for independent life. I've been living with my parents for my entire life (although there were periods when I stayed at DH's parent's house more overnight, but I would anyways go to my parents' house before going to DH's). I cried a bit, but composed myself and we started our independent life together in our own house. When DH & I were showing the house to my family and friends we already had a room picked for the nursery, and I am very happy that after so many years that room is finally going to be used for its purpose.

December 2010 brought with itself disappointment and heartbreak of the first failed IVF, which we were told was pretty much guarantee to get us our baby, but that period is already described in my blog, so I am not going into more details.

And now, December 2011, we are feeling our baby boy move in my tummy and anxiously awaiting his arrival in less than 2.5 months.

Wow, what a difference 5 years make!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment