Thursday, December 15, 2011

27 weeks and entering our Last Trimester!!!

I think since I stopped naming my posts like 16w5d etc. and just started to count in weeks I kind of screwed up my counting, so even though the last week was week 27 in that it consisted of days 27w0d to 27w6d, it was actually the 28th week and today we are actually in the 29th week. Oh well, since I've been naming them this way, that's the way I'll continue.

The good news that starting last week it became easier to breathe, albeit only figuratively. I did manage to cut my hours done by one more hour (so now I leave at 6:20 p.m. instead of 7:20 p.m., which cuts my daily hours to only about 9, which is a big difference from usual 12 that I've been working for the past 5 years). The work load is also less intense. I have minor bits and pieces to catch up on, but by most part, I can spend some time on the internet, checking my emails, FB and of course read blogs (I can't comment, but I still read). I also had the full weekend this week, not working on Sunday! although I did threw a little hissy fit on Friday when my boss told me that we will have to finish one of the agreements on Sunday, I guess pregnancy hormones are doing their job as we managed to finish everything on Friday and I had a weekend all to myself :)

Since my dad left on a business trip, I decided to visit my mom after work on Friday. She had tons of yummy food and of course, both DH & I ate too much. When we got home, DH invited a friend to come over, which was fine as I only kept DH company until the guy showed up, kissed them both goodnight and went to bed.

Saturday I had so many plans, but after yoga in the morning, when I got home MIL was there and I was a bit pissed, thankfully she didn't stay long. We went to a few stores to look for a new year's gift. This year (like last year) we've decided that we are doing something like Secret Santa, where each person brings a gender neutral gift for about $25. Well we were in Cos.tco a week or so ago and bought a nice tea set with a kettle which was about that price, so now we need a second present. We couldn't find anything and instead bought one of those decorations that is filled with air and it is about 1.5 m high and is in the shape of a snowman. It was on sale plus we had a coupon so it turned out to be very cheep. DH told me before the MIL also wanted to buy one for his nephews, so out of the goodness of my heart I told DH that we should invite MIL to go out for dinner with us and also stop by the store and buy another of those decorations for her. Of course, she wanted exactly the one that we got, but DH managed to convince her to buy another one, so the disaster was avoided (I would not have been happy if she got the same one as we leave one street apart!). Well the dinner was uneventful (thankfully) and thereafter I suggested that we go to our house for tea with chocolate. Again MIL didn't hang around much and we spent a quiet evening with DH.

Sunday we had a smaller version of our family breakfast as only MIL, my mom and brother were in town. After we were done with breakfast I told my mom that I wanted to visit my uncle who arrived on a Saturday (haven't seen him since we told him that we are pregnant at 12 weeks). So off we went to their house, and of course, they put some sweets on the table, I had juice and DH & my mom had more coffee (the breakfast was pretty filling and I was thinking that I was going to burst from extra food just a few hours after finishing breakfast!) We watched the video that DH made from pics and videos that we took in SD and Mexico (if anyone is interested, email me and I'll send you a link - it's on youtube). Then my plan was to visit one of our friends (who are also friends of my parents) as she had some baby stuff that we could use or pass forward. Of course we couldn't go there empty handed, so we picked up some pastries on the way, and had more food, pastries and tea/coffee there. My mom was with us after a few hours of hanging out we packed the stuff in both cars and went home. I invited mom to stay but she said that she wanted to go home. I was also exhausted from such a "hard" day! LOL I told DH that I was going to take a nap, but instead ended up talking to my sis' BIL, who is a friend of the pediatrician that we want for our baby. He actually talked to the doc and he agreed to take us in (even though he is not accepting new patients). The good thing about that particular doc is that my niece and all my three nephews are under his care and just love him. So I was too excited to sleep. My mom called and invited us for dinner, which was good as with all the sweets that we had during the day it was nice to have some normal solid food for a change.

On Monday I was back to work. I tried to call the pediatrician after lunch and the message said that the office was closed for lunch until 3 p.m. I guess I was so nervous about the confrontation with the secretary (as she is known for giving hard time to new patents) that my hands were shaking when I was dialing the phone. I am a wimp when it comes to confrontations - I just can't stand them. I called DH and he calmed me down and told me what to say. I was determined to talk to them notwithstanding feeling like I am going to pass out from nervousness. Again, I think all my feelings are exaggerated due to pregnancy hormones. Anyways, when I called just after 3 p.m. the line was busy, it took me half an hour to finally get through, when the machine recordings told me that their office was closed until next morning. I tried to control the words that were coming out of my mind as I was swearing at the phone. Anyways, I texted my sis to find out the best time to call and she said that first thing in the morning - around 9 a.m. works the best.

The next morning I did call once I got to work and did get through. The conversation was not as bad as I had it in my head. She did tell me that the doc is not accepting patients, to which I replied that the doc knows about us and agreed to take us. She wrote down the name of my BIL who talked to doc and made us an apt for Feb 14 at 5 p.m. Yei! for little victories. Once little thing that I can cross off my long list of things to-do.

The list is long and we haven't done much, and given that we have holidays approaching and only 12 weeks left until the due date, I am getting a tiny bit anxious. I've been pestering DH to put us on the waiting list with the daycare that again my niece and nephews all going to. The thing is that he is driving one of the nephews to this day care EVERY MORNING so how hard is it to just go down the hallway (or up a floor, whatever) to talk to the owner and put us on the list!!! The don't take kids younger then 18 months, but the waiting list is long, and there are not many alternatives in the neighbourhood. This daycare is a daycare with a slight Jewish inclination (but not too religious). It is located close to home and backing into the ravine, so when the kids are outside they are playing in the forest and not close to major roadways. And both my sis & SIL love the care that kids receive there.

But back to the list. The nursery is not even close to being done. We moved the shoes from the closet, and that's pretty much it. A few days ago, when I decided to dig some more in that closet, I found the yarn that I bough a year or so ago to knit a sweater for myself, I've never even started, so I got an idea to knit something for my baby. I found a nice pattern on the internet (although it says that it needs a high level of expertise, I think I can handle it, just have to be very careful). My mom taught me how to knit when I was little. She knitted everything for my and my sis - hats, scarves, mittens, socks, leggings, dresses. She actually had a machine for knitting when we were a bit older. Also in school we had a class which was called something like taking care of the house (it was only for girls) so we did do some knitting there as well. A few years ago I crocheted a scarf for my SIL (although I am more comfortable with knitting then crocheting). So I started the blanket! In the past few days I knitted 12 rows. I just realized that I don't know knitting lingo in English, so will just say that the width is 163 loops or whatever they are called in English, but that's pretty wide, and it takes me about 15 to 20 min to knit one row and that's with the pattern right now being rather simple. Once I get into more complicated pattern, I'll post some pics, but even now I am satisfied with what is coming out.

The baby has been very active most of the days; hence, my reference to not being able to breathe. He has found a new game - the most fascinating game ever. He get high up and kicks his mommy in the ribs - lots of fun, right? When he is high up it is hard for me to catch my breath if I am talking or walking. When I left work this evening (after going to the washroom of course) I started walking towards the train station and I could feel the familiar feeling of the baby being on my bladder and the need to pee. I politely asked him to move away from the bladder as I didn't have any time to go to the washroom again. And he, being a good boy, moved away from the bladder, way away, all the way to my rib cage, so that I was hard to catch my breath and I had to slow down. Fun times!

The most fun our little one has in the evenings and just when I go to bed. As he tries make himself comfortable I can feel him moving around from side to side. It's a weird feeling, but so so cool. It is hard to sleep through the night, as I am a tummy sleeper and even though I figured out how to keep myself on my side with the body pillow I still turn a lot and with the baby moving inside it is much harder to fall asleep. Plus, I get up to pee every 3 hours or so. Usually if I go to bed between 11 and midnight, I'll get up once around 3:30 a.m. and then around 6 a.m., and then whenever my alarm would ring around 7 a.m. Ugh... The good thing, is that I do manage to fall asleep relatively quickly after my bathroom trips and a few sips of water.

I am a bit stuffed up, but I can't understand if it is a cold or pregnancy symptoms. I am more stuffed up in the morning though, but start sneezing more towards the end of the day. Although I haven't had a cold this year(know on wood!!!). Even my boss mentioned that by December I usually have a few bouts of cold, but not this year. I attribute same to having more vitamins (I do eat lots of fruits), plus the weather is milder. It was 10C today, which is freaking hot for mid December. As well as I am taking more precaution when on the train or a subway, and of course, we did to the flu shot, so may be that helped too, who knows...

I do get emotional when I think about the next few months and that we will finally going to have a little one in our lives. I think I day dream about our baby a bit too much and get myself anxious. I was thinking about brit-mila (circumcision) for our baby and organizing this whole thing within a week after giving birth is a bit overwhelming even to think of right now. I hope that my sis & BIL get involved as BIL knows a very good moel who apparently can do the procedure quickly and painlessly (to the extent possible) for the baby. My sis wanted him, but he was already booked, so my BIL has to give him a call the moment the baby is born. DH & I were also discussing who is going to be holding the baby. We have two candidates, my dad and DH's brother. Of course, I want it to be my dad. When my nephews were circumcised (BIL's kids) my SIL father was holding the oldest kid, and then DH was holding the younger one. When my sis' kid was circumcised - her FIL was holding the baby, so my dad has never done it. DH said that he thinks that even if he asks his brother, his brother will refuse as he is a bit of a wimp in that department. But I told DH to be carefully how he asks, as I don't really want him to say yes, as I want my dad to do it. DH's dad passed away almost 7 years ago, so he will be there in spirit.

So that's pretty much it for this week. Next week will be interesting as I have my GD test on Wednesday, and my boss' last day at the office is Tuesday, so unfortunately I do have to come in on a Sunday, but the rest of the week should be more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment