Welcome 2012!!! The year our little miracle is going to be born!!! Our little dragon (same as his daddy). I was going through the baby's clothes that my sis dropped off and found one cute onesie that said Daddy (heart) me and has a picture of two dragons (a father and a baby). My eyes did water!
Welcoming 2012 was a bit exhausting, but I am happy to report that everyone enjoyed the party. All kids arrived for the kiddie party before Santa (which was an improvement from last year). Santa actually got lost (even though he has been to our house the past 3 years). My mom dropped by brother off, so I had to look after him during the party, which probably contributed to my exhaustion. All together we had 10 kids, with one baby just around 10 months. That's how old our little "hamster" is going to be on the next New Year's eve. The kids were so excited to see Santa, and the things they said were hilarious. We had lots of fun. I was happy that the majority of the kids and parents left pretty much right after Santa. The only people who left were my sis with kids, my BIL with his kids, and another friends with her 2 kids. My sis' DH was actually making a surprise for the kids. He brought his DJing equipment, lights and lasers and set it out in our basement. The six little ones had a blast, since they had the basement all to themselves. They played for another hour and were gone by 7 p.m. Which was good, as I wanted to take a nap, but since I didn't really want to, DH & I just watched some TV, before getting ready for the big party.
Well, the big party was just that - BIG. All together we had close to 30 people. Notwithstanding the amount of people we still decided to do a sit down dinner, and had to ask my BIL to bring another table as we didn't have enough space. Once everyone got to our place, it was hard to have people to actually sit down. Of course, DH over did with food. As we were planning the menu and DH was saying that on top of that he will do this, this and that, I was telling him that he is overreacting, but he persisted. End result, we had a lot of food left over. My niece and nephews all stayed up to meet the new year, and were watching cartoon, until almost 10 to midnight, when I put the local TV on and all 30 people cramped into our family room for a count down. We had 4 bottles of champagne (and I actually had a few sips too). It was nice to meet the New Year surrounded by our friends and family. People were kissing each other, and not forgetting our little one - so my tummy got a lot of attention.
The girls helped clean up, so that we could take out 2 tables from the living/dining room and start playing the Secret Santa game. It turned out to be a lot of fun. By the time we were done, it was close to 2 a.m. and some of our guests had to leave (there were two couples who just flew in the same day, plus a number of single guys who were off to other parties). My sis left with her nanny to put kids to bed, and my MIL & BIL left too to put their kids to bed as well. We had deserts and fit onto one table that was left, which was nice. The girls were in the living/dining room and the boys were in the kitchen. My prego friend was with me, so the conversation ended up being about labour, delivery and kids. I didn't mind, as right now, it is one of my favourite topics. LOL. Most of the people left close to 4 a.m. Even though DH had been drinking, he still managed to pack all the food. One of my friends put her kids in our nursery, so we asked her if she wants to stay overnight so as not to wake up the kids at 4 a.m. She did, but before she went to sleep, she helped us clean up, and the place looked half decent by the time we went upstairs.
On Sunday, I could hear the beep of the opening door, when our friend left with her kids close to 10 a.m. She was actually taking her stuff out as well, so the door beeped a few times, and DH commented that he guessed that by that time somebody was stealing our TV (the only thing of value downstairs LOL). We woke up close to noon as my parents called. It was hard to get out of bed, but as it became a tradition, everyone were coming over to breakfast/lunch (well by "everyone" I mean family). They hang around our house for a few hours (the kids managed to eat twice in that time frame), and when they were gone, DH & I decided to rest in front of TV. I was so exhausted, my entire body felt very heavy and I couldn't dare to get off the couch. We were invited to BIL & SIL house in the evening as DH's and BIL's partner was coming over to celebrate New Year, and before that our friend called and invited us to their house for a coffee/tea. Well, I felt asleep, so DH called our friend and told him that we were not coming. We did end up going to BIL's house and stayed there until 1:30 a.m. But before we went I convinced DH to go for a walk, as I had been cooped up in the house for 2 days. well, we lasted for 15 minutes, as it was cold and as soon as we turned from our street, freezing rain started, and that was the end of our walk.
Monday was a statutory holiday, so we both stayed home. It was also BIL's birthday, and we were invited to their house for 5 p.m. In the mean time I tried to do some work, as I was slacking when my boss was away. We brought all of the left over food to BIL, and again had too much food as my SIL also cooked. If I wasn't pregnant, I would have gone on a diet after this holiday season. My weight gain is not that bad (I think) as I gained 5.5 kg and I am almost through 31 weeks. It's about half a kg away from the max weight that I wanted to gain, but oh well...
Tuesday was back at the office. It wasn't as hectic as I expected. The boss was back, but I was left to my own devices for pretty much the entire day, which I loved. I did call my OBGYN's office in the morning and left his secretary a message with the phone numbers where she can reach me during the day (didn't want a repeat of the last test results). In the evening, I went through the 0-3 month baby clothes and sorted them by types, so that I could see which ones I have tons of and can share with my friend. My sis also stopped by and brought MORE baby stuff.
Today, I finally got a call from my OBGYN. The results were in and they were.... NORMAL. Yei!!! I don't have Gestational Diabetes!!! Double yei!!!! I called DH and my parents, and they all were relieved. Although DH did say that I am still cut off all the bad stuff. We have so many boxes of chocolates from the New Year's party, as most friends brought something sweet for the hostess :), but as long as the boxes stay closed, I'll be ok. By the time I got home, another friend dropped off more baby stuff, which we actually left downstairs, as I am running out of space. My prego friend is coming on Friday to pick up the stuff that we have for her, and DH & I have a big job tomorrow to sort through all the stuff that we have in the house and in the garage so that we can give her the double ones.
The baby has been super active today. Not much kicking, but tossing and turning all day. It is getting to the point of uncomfortable, as I feel like a balloon which is about to burst (and we still have over 2 months to go, as I'll be crossing 31 week threshold tomorrow). Most of the stretching is in my upper stomach, so I think that the baby is pretty high up. My belly button is pretty low and had no stretching whatsoever. But the trip from the train station to the office and back is pretty uncomfortable, may be it's because I just don't want to go to the office anymore.... I can't wait for my mat leave - counting days - 5 weeks and 2 days. February 10th can't come quick enough!!!
Feb 10th is gonna be a big day for both of us!! Thats the day of my apt with the new doctor to get out IUI protacall.
ReplyDelete