I have made a post on Thursday about the previous week, and as soon as I was done on the computer I headed to bed. It was 10:30 p.m. and I was happy to have an early bedtime. But, I couldn't make myself comfortable, and our baby couldn't make himself comfortable as well. He was moving all around and from one side to another. After about 30 min of fruitless efforts to fall asleep, I asked DH to come into the bedroom and stay with me for a bit so that his son would calm down a bit. It helped for a few minutes, but as soon as DH's hand left my tummy, the games started again. Soon I noticed rhythmic movements very low, which I assume were hiccups. My poor baby was having hiccups and even though all the books say it is ok, I don't really think he liked it, hence the movement. At around midnight I asked DH for some water, then went to pee and at some point thereafter I dozed off as the movement subsided. The next time I woke up was at 2:00 a.m. when DH came to bed, since he was going to pick up my parents from the airport, I asked him why he decided to go now since it was so close to their flight landing, and he said that he needed a little nap. Well exactly 45 min later my dad called and DH was up and so was I. It took a while to fall back to sleep, the baby was moving a bit, but I was already very exhausted. And of course, I woke up after 4:00 a.m. when DH came home. Ugh. I was sooooo tired, and was hoping that I would sleep on the train on the way to the office. That didn't happen either, as the lady I usually talk to on the platform while waiting for the train brought her kids with her, and even though we never sit together, she decided to sit with me, and I couldn't just turn around and start sleeping, that would have been rude. Needless to say, I barely did any work at the office on Friday, and took an early train home.
My sis has Shabbat dinner every Friday, but because I usually get home later, we don't go. So this Friday, I talked to my sis and DH and we decided to join them as well (we didn't have much food at home either, so it all worked out). It was nice to see my niece and nephew fighting over lighting Chanukiah and reciting the prayer together. My BIL said the prayer over wine (and I had a few sips - I don't think my little one minded LOL) and challah. My sis' live-in cooked and the food was delicious. We also finished with some sufganiyot which DH doesn't buy for me as they are not the healthiest food there is. So overall it was a nice evening. We told them that we are coming next Friday too. :) We stopped at my MIL to keep her company for a bit as BIL & SIL left with the kids until 28th, and then hurried home to watch some TV. I actually managed to put some chocolate candies on the tree before going to bed.
The baby was behaving and within 10 hours of sleep, I only got up twice to pee. I woke up 10:45 a.m. (the yoga was cancelled due to it being Christmas Eve), but the baby was moving a lot and I felt rested, so I got up, and decided to make breakfast for DH. Well, I don't cook, so the only thing that i could do is French toast. I also don't drink coffee, but have time to go to Starbucks after I thought of coffee for DH when the French toast was already on the skillet. So I made a pot of coffee (also an accomplishment!) I thought of taking the food and coffee upstairs to get DH breakfast in bed, but to tell you the truth, I don't really find that really romantic (whether it me or him in bed). One needs to go to the washroom and brush their teeth before eating anyways, so what's the fun. Anyways, I woke DH up with a kiss and the words that breakfast was ready. He was alarmed, and asked me what I've made. I said it is a surprise, but told him that I made coffee for him as well, and he should get downstairs asap as everything is getting cold. He doubted my ability to make good coffee. I set up a table downstairs when he came down the stairs and said that I deserve a "5" for the smell alone. He loved the toast and the coffee too. So it was a success!
We needed to get some stuff from the store, but DH wanted to work for a bit, so he went downstairs, while I cleaned the kitchen and tidied up the first floor (also doesn't happen very often, as I am usually at the office and have no time). We went shopping to get a few last minute things as well as pick up my maternity pants from the shop that hemmed them. Yei!!! I finally have maternity pants to wear. My aunt was making a Christmas dinner, but we weren't really invited (which I didn't mind at all, as my parents were going), so DH & I picked up some meat and decided to make a stake for dinner (I haven't had red meat since my Christmas dinner at work). I suggested that we invite MIL (don't ask me why), and she came for dinner and spent the entire evening with us.
Sunday we had the family over for breakfast (my family, my sis with kids and MIL) and everyone hanged out at our place until mid afternoon. It was Christmas day, so everything was closed (except for the bagel place where we get bagels for our breakfast on the weekends). When everyone including MIL finally left, I was relieved. I love my family, but I've been spending a bit more time with MIL then I have patience for, but I have been a good DIL. DH & I finally made our way into the basement. Our basement is unfinished, and I would love it to be finished before the baby comes, but that's not happening. The one contractor that we really liked and who did an amazing job on another project in our house (which was covered by our insurance), quoted a very high price that after going through 2IVFs and FET, and now me going on maternity, we cannot afford. So DH and his brother were doing some work there to try to finish it themselves, but it has been left far from finished, and as it is getting cold outside, I just wanted to have the use of our basement for the fitness equipment which is there. We cleaned the basement from all the saw dust and pieces of wood etc. I vacuumed while DH cleaned all the equipment. We also sorted out some stuff which we had stuck there for ages and put it for sale on the internet site. My sis was storing some stuff there too, and since they already finished their basement, it was time to let them go as well. But in the mid of her stuff there was baby stuff that she's been saving for me for the past 5 years. We moved 6 boxes of baby's clothes upstairs to the guest bedroom to be sorted out. All in all I am happy that the basement is now usable.
Monday was boxing day, so I had all intention to stay away from any stores and malls. Our cleaning lady was supposed to come by 10:00 a.m. and we were leaving our house to have breakfast at my parents' house. She was late and after picking up MIL we didn't get to my parents until close to 11 a.m., and I was starving. My sis and her family was there, as well as my aunt and uncle. We had a good time, and then played wii with my sis and kids (including my brother). I love to play step aerobics, but at this point I was just making suggestion and explaining to my sis how to play from my position on a couch. When the kids got cranky my sis went home and I sent MIL with them, as we were headed downtown. I've had my degrees on the floor in my office for the past 5 years and it was time for them to go home. I only have one free wall in my office and instead off putting my degrees up, put two painting that my dad painted, so my degrees were just there. Since they are bulky and heavy, there is no way I could have taken them home myself on a train, so needed DH to drive Downtown to pick them up, and that's what we did. On our way back, DH decided to stop by at Costco. The plaza was crazy busy, and I was thinking that there is no chance that we can get a parking spot, but close to the store there were a lot of empty spaces and the store itself was pretty empty. I called my parents to tell them that, and they actually met us at the store, as mom wanted to get out of the house. We spend the rest of the day on the computer with me trying to do some work and of course playing some games :). The most exciting thing that happened was that when the baby started to have hiccups again, DH could actually feel them. It was funny as the first thing DH said was that it was baby's heartbeat, and I explained to him that it is impossible to feel the baby's heartbeat through my tummy with just a hand, and that the rhythm, even though fast, is not as fast as my own heartbeat and baby's heartbeat should be twice as much. But it was a very cool experience for DH.
Tuesday, was also a holiday since Christmas fell on the weekend. I wanted to sleep in, but got up pretty early, and woke up DH too as I felt like I was getting a cold. I was coughing and sneezing. DH & I decided that I should stay home for most of the day and drink lots of tea. It did help as I was feeling better by the afternoon. The snowstorm started the night before, so I didn't really want to be out anyways. I decided to attack all the boxes and things that were in the guest room. DH & I unpacked all the swings, chairs and toys, and we went through the boxes that had girl stuff to pick up the stuff that could be worn by a boy (i.e. green, yellow, purple, red, white). I took one of the smaller boxes and brought it into the office where DH was working, he did seem interested in all the stuff I was looking at. Then I asked him to move some boxes for me in the guest room. He came over and he stayed, so together we were going through all that stuff. It felt really nice, and the best part was that DH was also very excited about doing this.
As the weather was very bad, DH drove me to my yoga class on Tuesday night (I usually take go in on Saturday's but for this week and next week the classes on Saturdays are cancelled so I went on Tuesday night instead. It was a nice class, as there were only 5 students there, and there was a different instructor, which was also good as we had a bit different structure. When I was at yoga class, DH went to a home-hardware store and bought pieces of pipe connectors of different diameter. When I got home (he drove me, of course). He decided to try to pain circles with the pieces that he got, and it was a success. So on Tuesday evening, DH finished painting the nursery, and I LOVE IT!!! The wall colour is still yellowish green, and now it has bright orange, yellow and turquoise circles. I want to get yellow curtains (as we have white blinds there already) and some kind of light fixture. My sis also told me that she has some paintings that she bought for my nephews room and never used.
Wednesday I was back at the office (although not working much). I was checking my cell phone but didn't get any messages from my OBGYN's office regarding the 1 hour GD test that I did last week. So I was happy that everything was fine. I did leave a bit earlier than usual and DH & I went to ikea to look for curtains and a lamp. We also stopped by at a movie theatre and bought a gift card for our second secret santa gift. We didn't get home until 9 p.m. and the first thing that I've heard was the beep of the answering machine. The first message was from my OBGYN office asking for a call back, the second message was more detailed: I failed my GD test, my glucose levels were too high at 8.3 (and the highest they allow is 7.8) so I have to do a 2 hour test which she scheduled for Friday morning. The way that one works is that I am fasting for 12 hours (again!!!) then they take my blood, I drink the crappy drink, wait one hour, they take the second blood sample, then wait the second hour and take the third blood sample. Out of those 3, 2 must be within range, otherwise I will be referred to diabetic clinic. I was a bit pissed, but what can I do. With MIL being diabetic, DH was upset, and told me that I am off chocolates, sweets and bad sugar until at least the baby's birth. I still have my good carbs, like oatmeal in the morning.
My sister called and her and BIL came over so that she could help me sort the stuff. We quickly separated play things in two piles, the one I keep and the one I am giving to my friend, and then started sorting out baby's clothing. We separated that into 3 piles, mainly 0-3, 3-6 and about 6-9, but considering that my baby may be a bigger baby, those can shift a bit. She also found me the cutest little outfit which my baby will wear on his way home from the hospital. We also made a separate pile of stuff to be given to my friend. Needless to say, I didn't get to bed until 1 a.m. so was half asleep in the office on Thursday.
Well, today, Thursday, as we reach the 30 week mark, I am happy to say that the nursery is mostly done. I had my sugaring apt after work, and when I got home DH was continuing cleaning out and organizing the basement, as we are going to have a party there with my BIL bring it his DJing equipment. With all the excitement I almost missed my 9 p.m. deadline for food and drink, I did manage to finish eating by 9 p.m., but took another 15 min to finish a bottle of water. Oh well, I don't think they'll mind, as I am not telling them. Then DH went to his brother's house to pick up the furniture for the nursery. They brought in and put together the dresser with the changing table and the crib with mattress. Once it was done, DH was ecstatic. It is getting so real now. 10 more weeks and we will be bringing our baby home. Unbelievable! It was also cute that while we were standing in the almost finished nursery, the baby started having hiccups again, and BIL actually felt them, he couldn't believe that the baby is so big that he could also feel him. BIL also helped to move final pieces away in the basement, and that is all done. All I did was to pack some presents for kids, and sit down to write this blog. I have lots to do tomorrow, and I am hoping to get another entry in before the New Years. We will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment