Well today is 17w6d and I am a bit behind in describing all the events that happened since the last blog almost 2 weeks ago! Those have been a few weeks of firsts!!!
So Saturday (Sept. 24) I had my first Brazilian sugaring. It was a bit painful, but I loved it! and more importantly DH loved it. I definitely decided to maintain it this way close to the delivery, as I was reading the booklet from my hospital and it said 3 times that they do not recommend shaving within the last 4 weeks - only trimming or waxing etc. Interesting, right?
On the same Saturday we went for one of my acquaintance's 30th birthday. As I was the only one pregnant, it was nice to get a bit attention and questions regarding how I am feeling, when the baby due, etc. I haven't been feeling that well, plus didn't dance much so for me it wasn't a really enjoyable evening. I barely made it to midnight so we can go.
The next morning, DH and I were just laying around and he put his hand on my tummy and both him and I could feel some movement - not the "butterfly" that everyone else is describing, which I think is kicking, but probably our baby turning. It also could have been my other bodily functions and we would never know, as it hasn't happen since, and at that point I was only a bit over 16 weeks.
I have also discovered that I am no longer avert to change! Even though all my life I've dreaded change (look at my employment history - 4 years with first employer, 3.5 years with second, and almost 5 years with my present one). But when my favourite site ivf(dot)ca changed it's look and so did yahoo mail, it didn't bother me one bit (although previously I was annoyed when yahoo tried to change their template on me).
Everything is changing, I've created a list of things to do before the baby arrives. Although, we haven't even touched any of the items, I think with every day the I realize more and more that I am actually pregnant and that the baby is coming soon.
I have always been a planner, especially for events being held in our house. Last Wednesday was Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Year), and we were having 25 people (mostly family and relatives and a couple of friends). I started planning the whole thing just a few day before, it is mostly who brings what and make sure that we have all the necessary things. For the past 3 years that we've celebrated Rosh Hashana at our house I would really get excited and plan everything to the littlest detail. This time, I just was too tired to even care.
I left the office on the first train, but when I got to the house I was already exhausted. All I wanted to do is to lay down for a few minutes until guests arrived, but of course, by the time I set the table (DH was cooking) and cleaned up a bit, my cousin and her DH came over to start cooking what they were supposed to bring, so I couldn't just excuse myself and go upstairs to rest. I stayed with them. The funny thing is that when my cousin came she kissed me hello and also kissed my tummy!!! and she did the same thing when she was leaving, and she is the only one (beside DH) who did that. It actually felt a big weird but so so nice!!!
Then when everybody got to our house, I got a very bad heartburn and couldn't eat or drink anything. Of course, my tu.ms were at the office and I had none at home, so for the entire evening I was just drinking kefir (nothing to do with the celebration, but more with it being made from milk and having lots of calcium). After finishing all the prayers, I just laid down on the couch next to the table and just stayed there for the entire evening.
Well, that wasn't fun, but Thursday turned out to be even worse. I threw up!!! for the first time since being pregnant! At 17 weeks!!! Can you imagine? I was in total shock that it happened. Thank G-d I was in the washroom at that time anyways, so all I had to do is turn around, but I hate throwing up!!! I decided not to eat anything after that (all I had was breakfast and then a little apple, which caused all the flurry of the activity). I also left the office on the first train out and walked home. The 30 minute walk seemed to help a bit to calm my nerves and my tummy. I did take a little rest as well, before finally deciding to go to our friends house for the second night of Rosh Hashanah. It was nice, as my parents were there too (so as my sis and my niece).
When we got in the door at my friends house, I could see my niece sitting on the sofa talking to a friend of my friend. My sis was right beside her, so she told me the conversation. My niece told the person next to her that it is her auntie that just came in and that her auntie has a big tummy. Of course, the girl next to her was a bit shocked, until my niece continued that that's because "she has a baby in there". My niece and my dad also decided that we are going to have a girl. Hmmm... My family are so sure its a girl, and that's what scares me. Every time my family unanimously tell me that something is going to be one way, it is ALWAYS happened to be the opposite!!! So I am preparing for a boy... at least for now.
The next morning, Friday (17w1d) we had our next OGBYN apt. For some reason I was dreading it. I didn't want to be touched (even though I was all prepped after my Brazilian), I guess after 4.5 years of TTC my body just finally had enough. But it was not as "painful" as I was picturing it. Again when we came in there was just one more couple in the waiting room. He was done quickly with them. I told the doctor about my heart palpitations and he asked me if I have any caffeine (it turned out that the only caffeine I have had was in chocolate - so no chocolate for me!) He also said that all dull aches and pains I have been experiencing are all growing pains and nothing to worry about.
Then as we moved into the examination room, I asked if we are going to hear the heartbeat, to which the doctor replied "Of course". He took out the little machine and put some cream on my tummy. He then proceeded to look for one, while telling me that it could take a bit and not to worry. To my surprise, I wasn't worried - at all! And then we heard it - the most amazing sound I've ever heard (so far..) DH & I were awestruck, and I did get teary eyed (just a bit). The little things like this help me realize that it is actually happening to me - there is a little person and in 5 months - the 2 are going to be 3!
Saturday, I attended my first class for prenatal yoga. It was a great class! (I felt a few new muscles on Sunday, LOL). Of course, the first girl I talked to also got pregnant through IVFs. The class was full, and the funny thing was that when everyone introduced themselves and told their due date, about 80% of the girls were due in MARCH! Even the teacher commented that it must have been something in the water in June :) When I told DH he said that it was not surprising then that we couldn't get a few OBGYNs that we wanted.
We spent most of Saturday at home, but did get out to go to apple orchard for apple picking. I love the taste of fresh picked apples, and I had a LOT of apples that day!
Sunday was back to the office, and I was feeling very tired, so decided to take the latest train on Monday. I talked to DH and my sis and we decided that from now on I'll be taking a later train in (1 hour more of sleep!!!) and DH will drive me instead of my sis. Well, he only have to get up like 10 minutes earlier than usual. So here we are, I cut my hours by 1 hour a day, which is a great accomplishment for me. The next will be to abolish Sundays. I already told my boss that I am taking the entire long weekend as Friday night Yom Kippur starts and goes on Saturday. Sunday I am taking my brother bowling for his pre birthday gift and Monday will be his actual birthday. My baby brother is turning 13!!!
So, in the past two weeks the overall feelings are - I've become nauseous again! The hot flashes are back too. It's hard for me to sleep through the night, as I wake up either to turn around or to go to pee - which is pretty much every hour! The aches and pains are still here. I also have been having difficulties with my stomach and feel bloated most of the time. I am definitely showing, but nobody notices as I am a big girl to begin with, but even my warm sports pants are too tight now to wear at home, so I am wearing the ones with lower waist and just slide them down below my tummy.
In other great news: the anomaly scan is scheduled for October 14 which is in about 10 days from today. Yei!!!!
Plus, we finally signed up for prenatal classes for the end of January and beginning of February. Those include: labour & delivery, taking care of the baby, breast feeding, and emergency & CPR workshop. The classes fill up quickly so had to register now, but wanted to take them closer to the due date so that at least something remained in our brains when the baby actual gets here.
So that's it for now. Going to bed, and hopefully the next update would not be far behind (probably after the long weekend).
Good to hear from you E! So glad everything is going well...sorry about the nausea! Mine FINALLY went away at 16 weeks! Hang in there...it shouldn't last too long! We are excited for our anatomy scan as well...can't believe we are already here!
ReplyDelete