So, October 4th will be one of my most memorable days! We've got movement!!!
After I finished with my post last night, I went pretty much straight to bed. I was laying on my right side thinking about the next day and trying to fall asleep. The thought came to my mind that I should turn, but then I was already half asleep and too lazy to do that, so then I felt a nudge in my tummy. No butterflies, but a kick from the inside! I called DH who was in the office just next to our bedroom and he ran over. I was laying still and could definitely feel some movement. DH told the baby to continue doing what he/she is doing and run to prepare himself for bed. In a few minutes he was by my side, it was pretty quiet down there, and DH put his hand on my tummy. A few seconds after that I could feel another kick. When I felt it I almost jumped it was so unexpected, weird, but oh so coool!!! I almost yelled at DH asking him if he could feel it and he said all he can feel is me moving from excitement. I couldn't believe it that he couldn't feel it as it felt really strong to me (I guess from the inside). DH was a bit upset, but I did tell him that it was a bit too early for him to be able to feel it through all the padding that I have. I turned around, and I think the baby liked that position much better as he/she didn't make his/her presence know anymore and I felt asleep.
I don't think it was the movement from the arms or legs, I think that the baby was either kicking me with his/her head or bum. I also think that the baby is more toward my right side, and that's why he/she didn't like me staying on that side. I have more pains in my right side (I think the baby is pushing on my ovary or something), plus when the OBGYN was searching for a heartbeat he also found it more on the right side of my tummy. I also started to think that may be the little aches and pains that I am feeling are from my bay moving, and I just don't realize it (or don't know what it is like).
The baby is definitely growing, and so does my tummy. The girl at my office who was off for a week, commented today that my tummy did grew. It's hard to notice when I stare at it all the time, but even to me it looks bigger. The weight jumps within 1 kg mark (back and forth), I've had some issues with going to the washroom, so I don't really trust the scale anymore.
My boss has been asking me about my maternity leave and asking me to help with the ad for my replacement. I just sent him an email saying that I'll be leaving in mid February (I am thinking Friday, Feb 10th as Feb 12 will be my 5 year anniversary at the firm). First I was thinking of working till the end of February to ensure that I can take the full advantage of the full 12 months that the government is going to pay me maternity leave, although the max that I can receive from the government is almost 1/3 of my actual salary, which kind of sucks! But, taking a train every morning and trekking Downtown in the middle of winter in my 9th month is not such an appealing idea. So, I told my boss that I am coming back at the end of December beginning of January (probably Monday, January 7, 2013), that would ensure that I'll be with the baby for at least 10 months if the baby is born around his/her due date. It sucks that I have absolutely no benefits at work, although if I remind myself of my friends South of the border, who only have a few month with the baby, I do consider myself pretty lucky. I am not going to look at some countries in Europe who do get a year or more with full salary. Oh well, thank G-d that even with 2 IVFs and 1FET we managed to save some money (not much though) that we can survive on the governmental maternity benefits and DH's income when the baby gets here.
YAY for movement!!! so exciting!
ReplyDelete