The weekend did turn out to be crazy busy for me.
Saturday we got up very early to tidy up the place before the cleaning lady, and once she got to our house, I was off to my prenatal yoga class. Since it was only my second class I am still exploring the place. By the time, I came out from the washroom, all the preggo girls disappeared, but the classroom where we had our class last time was still full of other people, so until I spotted another prego woman going into a different class, I was lost. To say that the class was full, is an understatement. I think I took almost the last cm of uncovered space on the floor. When the teacher came in, she asked if we wanted to move to a bigger studio, which most agree we should do. As I was packing my stuff, I saw a familiar face. This was a friend of a friend who I've met a few times, who has a child from a previous relationship and just got married a few weeks ago. I didn't know she was pregnant, but it was nice to have somebody familiar in class. When we moved we actually got two spots next to each other, so we could chit chat before and after class. She is about 2 weeks behind me and is due close to the end of March beginning of April.
The class itself was pretty intense (much more intense than the first class I've been at). I was happy I didn't forget my water this time around (although I did forget my mat, but they had mats available at the studio). Once we were done, I had about 30 min before my sugaring appointment, so I sat in my car and had an apple. I was lucky, as when I got to the sugaring place 15 min early, the girl was free and she took me ahead of my apt which was nice. Needless to say, I didn't get home until after 1 p.m. and DH and I left to run some errands.
We got home just in time for me to take a shower and hurry to our nephew's 6 birthday party. It was in some art studio close to the house. When we got there, most of the kids were there already (they had about 14) including my niece and my brother. Since my brother requires special attention, my mom was there too, and so as another parent, who I know pretty good. I knew most of the kids (or could remember who they are), so I actually enjoyed helping them out painting their treasure box and then washing and cleaning up and get pizza, chips and at the end - a birthday cake (I know, that's not the most healthiest food - but pizza was thin crust and whole wheat, and I didn't touch the cake). My SIL seemed very grateful that DH & I were there to lend a hand (even though we don't have kids yet), as kids did get out of hand a bit. When the parents came to pick up the kids, since I know most of them (and DH & I don't see them that often) we had a lot of congratulations and talk re pregnancy, birth and kids :) Overall it was a nice experience.
My mom invited us to their place for dinner, and DH agreed as he didn't have pizza and was hungry. The good thing was that after we had dinner, my mom and I went to the basement and got all sorts of kids books in Russian, some of which I could remember from my childhood! I really wanted DH to start reading to our son, but Saturday night our friends came over and we didn't get to bed until after 1 a.m.
Sunday morning I had to get out of the house kind of early as well, as I was meeting my ivf(dot)ca friends Downtown. I checked my emails in the morning, and one of the girls couldn't make is as her daughter got sick, but I met with the other two, who are both pregnant with twins (one naturally, after a few failed IVFs!!!). I had an amazing time and didn't get to work until 3:30 p.m. which ended up to be a late night. DH went to go to a movie and I started reading a book to my baby.
Monday night, I cornered DH and he actually read an entire chapter to our son. Initially it was kind of awkward and funny. I moved my chair to his desk at the office, he took a book and bent a bit to be closer to my tummy when he started reading. He was complaining that his reading aloud skills are not that great, but he did get a hang of it. I was so proud of him!!!
I have also started to feel much more movement. On Tuesday morning as I was taking the train to work, I could feel the baby moving inside, and it made me smile! Although in the evening my mood changed in a completely opposite direction. DH was supposed to take his brother and nephew to a pediatrician, DR. B. Well Dr. B is a very good pediatrician who is taking care of all 4 of my nephews and niece. When we talked about this appointment a few weeks ago with my BIL and SIL, we did talk about asking Dr. B directly to take us as new patients, as he already has a pretty busy practice. So in the evening DH was saying that he saw a very cute thing when he was at DR. B's office. I interrupted him and asked whether he talked to Dr. B and he said that after he dropped my BIL and nephew off at the office, he had to run an errand and when he came back they were already in with the doctor. So DH asked the secretary - who of course said that Dr. B is not accepting new patients, and we can try another doctor operating from the same office. Well, needless to say I got very upset and rude with DH, I told him that it was such an amazing opportunity to talk to Dr. B directly and he missed it!!! and that we specifically discussed it a few weeks ago, which he couldn't remember. Anyways, it didn't get ugly, but I did get watery eyes just by thinking about it. Then I got upstairs to go to bed, and as I was brushing my teeth, I remembered that DH actually started talking about something before I interrupted him. So I went to the office and ask him what it was. It was a winter car seat cover, which he really loved and which we should think about as the baby is due in March. When I finally got to bed, I couldn't fall asleep, all I could remember was DH's face and how excited he was about the car seat cover, and felt guilt for yelling at him. I started bawling and got up to ask for forgiveness. DH didn't know what to do with me. He did say that he didn't take it personally as he knows that I have a lot of raging hormones and it is hard to control my emotions, so he was all ok and that I should go back to bed and try to get to sleep. I did, but I guess the baby didn't like my crying fit, as I could actually feel flatters in my tummy (which I think were his feet) and then some movement as well.
I felt a bit better in the morning, and I could feel the baby moving again on the train, and then when I was in a meeting with my boss (I guess he doesn't really like my boss - and there the feeling is mutual). When I got back to the computer, I was checking my emails. The night before I sent an email to my SIL asking if she has any other apt, she didn't respond. So I wrote an email to my sis asking the same thing and barely hold in tears. My sis responded right away. She said that her BIL knows the doctor personally and that he will call him and schedule an apt for us whenever we want. When I read that I couldn't hold on to my tears any longer. I was just thankful that I was left to my own devices and my boss was nowhere around. So, tomorrow, I'll ask my sis to talk to her BIL and schedule us for the next available apt at any time of the day and night that he is available.
Due to my bouts of crying and inability to sleep the night before. I was very very tired. I barely made it to 6 o'clock, and asked my boss if I could leave a bit earlier then usually as I am exhausted, to which he replied that he would prefer that I stay a bit later and finish up one project. I was so mad! but I stayed, what else could I do??? All I need is to stick around for another 3 months. Our vacation is in about 3.5 weeks, and I will be able to survive until then. Thereafter, I'll be very pregnant and showing it, so I doubt he would dare to make me stay late! But he leaves on his vacation on December 21 and comes back in January, and I have a number of prenatal classes booked for January and beginning of February. Plus, my replacement should start at the beginning of February, and my job for the next two weeks would be just sit next to that person and supervise. Awwww, can't wait. February 10, 2012, is my official last day, and hope that I can stay away from this slave factory even after my baby is born! Yep, pregnancy hormones... What can you do?
No comments:
Post a Comment