Wednesday, September 21, 2011

15 weeks & Trip to Ohio

This was a very eventful week and I had no strength to get to my computer at home until today. I've been EXHAUSTED. Have to have a chat with my boss on Sunday (yep, still working Sundays) and cut my hours back, otherwise he is not going to get much productivity out of me. But I'll start from the time I left off at my last post.

So last week Tuesday my uncle did flew in from overseas, and once it was confirmed that he landed and an approximate time he will be home, DH & I drove to his house. The added bonus - my cousin and her husband were also there, but my parents didn't arrive yet. As we said our hello's, my aunt asked if I wanted some wine and I said NO we are not drinking (I did use "WE"), then I continued looking at my uncle that I wanted him to be in TO in March. He asked whether I'll be travelling to L (where I was born) and want to stay in his house there. I told him "NO, I won't be able to travel at that time". A this point, I could see that my aunt realized what was happening and started beaming, but didn't say a word, as I was pressing on. I said to my uncle "d.V. I can't drink, and I can't travel, why do you think that is?" At that point my cousin entered the room and yelled "Are you pregnant?" Needless to say they were all ecstatic (as they kind of knew that we wanted to have a baby for a long time, but not the extent of our TTC journey). So then my uncle kept asking if my dad knew, and at that point my parents came. We had a lovely evening with most of the conversation centred around my pregnancy and the baby.

I thought that my uncle was a bit upset and I wanted to talk to my dad about it, but was very busy in the office on Wednesday. Instead, around lunch time I got a call from my dad who said that d.V. called and said that he was upset that my dad didn't tell him before as he knew for some time now. I am lucky that my dad read my mind and told d.V. the exact thing that I would have told him - he said that those are very exciting news that I wanted to tell him in person and not over the phone, and that once I knew that he was coming home I dropped everything and went to him right away to tell him the news in person - well, my uncles was pleased!

So then on Wednesday evening I decided to call my other cousin in TO ("N") who I don't see or talk to much, not because I don't want to but because they decided to leave at the opposite side of the City and by the time I get home I don't really want to talk to anybody. Anyways, I called her and asked her about her school (she went back to college this fall) and then her work (as she worked at the same place where I started my career), then I told her that I can't wait until I leave my work in 5 months. She asked if it was forever and I said, nope, probably for a year. Then she clicked and asked if I was pregnant, and I said "yep". At that moment I had to move away from the phone as she was literally screaming in my ear - happy scream. I didn't expect such a reaction and was a bit shocked. She asked if she can tell her husband and her mom (my aunt) and I said, of course, and she wanted to call them right away - as I looked at the time (it was 10:30 p.m.) I told her that neither her husband nor her mom would be happy waking up t 5:30 a.m. We actually ended up talking for another 30 minutes and when we finished she said that she has to tell someone the great news and it would be ok to wake up her husband at 6:00am :) After I finished with her, I was too tired to pack, so just went to sleep.

Thursday morning, I started with packing my suit case, well actually I gathered all the things I was taking for the weekend onto my dresser and DH was to pack it once he gathered all his stuff. We managed to leave TO at around 7:30 p.m., crossing the border was pretty quick, the immigration/customs person just looked at our trunk and the bags of food (mostly fruit) and let us go. We stopped at a nice hotel about 5 hours into our trip and in the morning had only 3 more hours to drive.

On our way to Cincinnati, we stopped at the outlet mall, but i wasn't in the mood to buy anything, although DH managed to get a few things that he wanted for some time. We were at our friends house by 3 p.m. Her DH was working but she made a nice lunch (yummy) and bought a cheesecake (double yummy!). So after we finished with all the food we decided to go for a walk. She recommended a park nearby that her and her hubby really liked. I was lucky that they had washrooms along the trails as we took two long trails (took us over 1.5 hours) and by the time we were done it was already getting pretty dark. It was a great work out though! I could feel all my muscles as I don't really exercise much (although I should!). We got home at the same time as her husband came over. The guys of course had some drinks and me and my friend just had a glass of milk each :) We finished our night at a local pub where the guys had more to drink, and the ladies enjoyed caffeine free iced tea.

The next morning we had a long breakfast as we were catching up on a lot of stuff. The plan was to go to one store and then for a walk in Downtown. Well the guys decided that while we got to the store they will go to a number of dealerships to look at cars. The thing is that right now we only have one car, and DH & I decided that we will need a second car when the baby comes as I'll be home alone with the baby during the day and there is not much i can do within a walking distance from our car. To make the story short, we managed to go to a few stores and malls while guys were going to one dealership after another. Then we didn't have time to go for a walk Downtown as we had reservations at a Brazilian restaurant, which was not bad as it was the first time in a long time I was able to eat meat. There was another nice surprise - a huge Oktober.fest right next to the restaurant, and we spent some time being squished by all sorts of people drinking beer and eating German food and listening to German music. DH loved it and wanted to stay there for a while, I didn't mind either, but our friends were not enjoying so many people (and there were lots and lots of people) so we went home and continued to party there (well, boys continued and I bid good night around midnight).

Sunday we were thinking of leaving at around noon - 1 p.m., but had such a great time just talking about different stuff that we didn't get to our car close to 2 p.m. and then continued talking just standing there for a good quarter of an hour. I was so sad to leave. I know that we are going to see them again in November when all of us would go to our "babymoon", but she is one of my best friends and it was so hard to say good bye. The drive was almost uneventful. The guy at the border didn't even look at our passports (Canadian security - go figure...). We did hit some traffic about 2 hours away from home that delayed our arrival by over 30 minutes.

I was happy that I didn't gain any weight while vising Ohio, but I had a very bad constipation on Sunday and Monday and by Tuesday gained a whole 1 kg. I really hope that it's because of that. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

I am happy to report that I did get my be.lla band while we were in the States, and I am loving it!!! I used it with my jeans while I was there and with my dress pants (NOT the fat ones) at work this week.

Monday and Tuesday were crazy busy at work (as was expected). I am getting tired by around 3 p.m., by 5 p.m. I am exhausted and by the time I leave (which is 7:20 p.m., I am completely brain dead!). So the standard operating procedure at home is just eating salad in front of the TV and going to sleep. Although, yesterday the procedure changed a bit as we BDed just before going to sleep and it was amazing! We both finally could let go of our fears for the baby and just enjoy it the way we used to. Yei for us!!!

Today, I was exhausted the moment I got up, and also have had a headache since the morning. The headache got so bad by mid day that I think it turned in to a migraine as I got very nauseous, it was hard to concentrate on work at all. I managed to leave by 6:20 p.m. to get an earlier train, so I could relax at home.

It's funny but my 4 y.o. niece called me today (using face talk through iPhone with my sis' help of course) and she told me that she wants a baby girl cousin so she can play with her. When I asked her whether she is going to play with her cousin if its going to be a boy, she thought about it and said that she will. She started talking again, but I couldn't hear her as the TV was on, so I moved to another room just in time to hear her say to me that I should not be upset if it is a boy. She also said that she is coming to my baby shower and will help to organize it with her mommy. And that she will bring a small present for the baby as the baby is small and then when the baby is going to be bigger (like 4, 5, 6 years old) she'll bring the baby a bigger present. She was so cute, just from the shower and sitting in her bed. I blew her a kiss and told her that I love her and she kissed the phone and said that she love me too. I was so touched by this conversation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment