Monday, January 6, 2014

A Little Update

I am still spotting on and off, but it is mostly light brown, so I am trying to remain calm.

Last week I got a call from the early pregnancy clinic and they scheduled an ultra sound for January 10 (this Friday), so I didn't go to the walk-in clinic today and didn't contact my RE's office.  I think it is better if this clinic follows me, and may be they can refer me to an OBGYN as my old one retired. I loved Dr. N. I've never waited more than 15 min.  There were barely any people in his waiting room which was tiny, and he only had on examination room.

The nausea hit already, I have been feeling pretty nauseous for the past couple of days.  I still can stomach most of the food that DH prepares and can still brush my teeth without gagging, which is a good thing.  Only other symptoms are very full breast to the point that they hurt.  Can't wait to breast feed again.  I hope it will be easier at the start than with DH.

This morning I wanted to do another HPT test, as I haven't done one in a while. So I went into a drawer and realized that there was only one left.  I still did it just to get it out of my system.  It was an amazing site.  The second line appeared instantaneously and it was darker than a control line.  I am taking it as a good thing and it makes it easier to wait until u/s on Friday.

I wanted to share something else, which is kind of funny.  A week or so before I found out that I was pregnant, my mom saw on TV that it brings luck if you take 5 bay leaves, tie them up with a red string and hang them above the entrance door to the house.  I did it just for the heck of it, as there were a lot of difficult situations in our lives around that time (as DH put it, "I can't wait for 2013 to be over with all the bed things that happened to us).  So when I did it, and told DH what it is for, he said that if that thing gets up pregnant, he will put those bay leaves all over the house. Well... surprise, surprise, we got pregnant.  I got more bay leaves from my mom, and could do another bunch that DH hang on top of our garage entrance.  I wanted to do more, but DH didn't realize that it has to be 5 leaves, and used some the night before. :)  We are trying to keep our luck going.

So this is it for tonight, and I'll post again after our u/s on Friday.


2 comments:

  1. Fingers are crossed for you. I hope all is well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds really promising - just relax and take it easy, no lifting and lots of sleep. All will be good, nausea and the fast appearance of the second line sound great! Best of luck and keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete