on Friday (January 10th) was our second u/s. I was so nervous. I have been feeling very nauseous most of the time, but who knows what is going on inside.
The night was rough as DS woke up at 4:30 a.m. All 3 of us had drinks of water, then around 5 a.m. I remembered that I forgot to move laundry from washer to drier, and since the laundry was for DS, I dragged my butt out of bed and went downstairs to start the drier. By the time I got back to bed, neither DH nor I could fall asleep, and once we dowsed off around 6 a.m., DS woke up again, this time for good.
I managed to get DS ready for daycare while DH prepared breakfast. DH drove DS to day care and we left for the hospital. Of course, we left about 10-15 min after the time I plan to leave, and with the traffic it was one stressful drive from me (DH only freaked out on me once, but I was stressing the whole way to the hospital). We parked the car 2 min before our scheduled time and rushed upstairs.
The early pregnancy assessment clinic is a floor above the labour/mommy-and-baby floor, and for some reason shares a floor with genetics department. There was just another couple sitting in the reception, but once we checked in, I was called by the doctor right away. The doctor was the one performing u/s. She did an abdominal u/s first and said that she can see something but it is not clear. She said that the gestational sack is bigger than it was at my first u/s (she had notes from the other hospital), so she asked me if I didn't mind to do a trans.vaginal u/s, like that can scare me! I told her that since we started TTC for our first one in 2006, there have been as many people in there as through a train station. It made her smile.
Once I was back with an empty bladder and the wandy thing was in, I could see that she could see much better. Although, I could only see with a corner of my eye. DH was beaming as he exclaimed I can see the baby. That brought a relief. I saw at one point that the screen looked like the doctor was checking heart beat (the all wavy screen), but I was sure that she would not see anything. She then turned the screen toward me and showed me the gestational sac, the yolk sac, and the baby... and the heartbeat... There was a little flicker in the baby... I laughed from joy and the picture on the screen shook :)
Then came the news.... the baby is measuring 6w2d and as per my LMP I should have been 7 weeks even. The heart beat was at 110 and the doctor said that it probably just started beating not that long ago. I had very mixed feelings after that u/s. First, as I was looking at a calendar for LMP November 22, and it said that an u/s heartbeat can first be detected on January 7, as I knew that I am behind, I was sure that we would not see any, but it was such a treat to see it! Seeing DH's beaming face brought back memories of when he saw our first baby for the first time on u/s screen. Then, I have some concerns. At 6w5d DS heartbeat was 129, and some googling that I've done put a cut off at 110 for a viable pregnancy. Scary... But I keep telling myself that this is a natural pregnancy, so I don't know when I ovulated, when the embryo was formed and implanted, those were not as certain as with my FET procedure where we were very sure of the day. I could have ovulated later than standard 14 week, so I can be right on time. Plus, someone sent me this link that calmed me down a bit more. http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/pregnancy/heartbeat.php
The next u/s is booked in two weeks, on Friday, January 24th, to ensure that the baby is developing normally i.e. since he was at 6w2d on the 10th, he should be measuring 8w2d on the 24th, as now they have a point of reference. Fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment