This is our journey in creating a little miracle in our life, and my thoughts, fears and emotions as we continue this journey.
Monday, April 23, 2012
The week of April 16th
Our accomplishments:
* cooing in response when someone is talking to the little one (usually mommy). He actually started just cooing when he is very content with something.
* on April 19, the little one had a tummy time, and was on his tummy when he actually rolled over to be on his back again. His head was high up and my theory was that the heavy head helped him to swing to one side and the body followed. Nevertheless, he rolled over!!!! Although I couldn't duplicate it since then.
* I think we are on a move to a longer period between feedings as the week of 16th we tried to stick to 3 hours, and today (April 23) it looks like the little one is pretty steady at 4 hour intervals. Will it last? Who knows. But last night was pretty good as I fed him at 12 a.m. then at 4 a.m. and then he woke up at 6:30 a.m. and it was too early but I figured I'll feed him if he is hungry, but when I took him he felt asleep in my arms so I took him to bed with me (yes, I know, it is a big no-no, but whatever... I wanted some more sleep) and he actually slept to almost 8 a.m.! and for now continues his 4 hour schedule throughout the day.
As for me, I still have some bleeding, and can't wait for it to totally stop. It stops for a few days and then starts up again. I am so tired of it - the worst period ever! The incision doesn't hurt much now, and I think it is healing. It has different spots, but DH says its normal. My doc's apt is on Friday, so we will wait on what he will say. The worst is constipation! I have flashback to labour and pushing every time I go to the washroom. I did some googling and apparently it is very common after c-section. Ugh!!! I can't wait to talk to the doc about that too.
Our daily schedule is kind of the same, eat - activity - nap, and that's way until daddy comes home. During one of his naps I take him for a walk, usually the one in the early afternoon, as in the morning the sun is still too low so it shines on his face in his stroller, and later in the afternoon the sun is already too low, so the same problem. I love my walks (especially if the weather cooperating). If I manage to finish before 2:30 p.m. it is the best, as at 3 p.m. all schools in the neighbourhood are done and there are a lot of cars and kids, but otherwise it is very quiet... Depending on how I feel I walk for an hour to two hours, and usually stop by the mailbox to pick up mail. I go everyday, even if it is cold, as long it is not raining, and today we are stuck inside as it is both raining and snowing (and that's at the end of April!).
Last Wednesday (April 18) was my SIL's birthday and we went to her house for dinner. The little one did amazing! That's when he first started with his 4 hour intervals between feedings and slept for about 3 hours, which made me extremely anxious.
On Friday DH & I decided that we wanted to take the little one's passport photo and we went to Wal.mart for that. I made a pretty sensible suggestion to the photographer that it would be easier if we can lay the little one down and he can take the picture from the top, but NO he said that it is not the way it was done. We had to hold the baby straight up but such that our hands should not be seen. Really?!? Anyways, both the little one and DH did great. The little one is all squished but still with wide open eyes was looking straight into the camera and DH's hand was not seen. I was a bit anxious about the photo because I remember a while back our friend had to redo a photo for his infant 3 times because the passport office was finding faults with it each time. I asked the photographer about it and he showed me his guidance book. Apparently now they would accept a photo of the infant as long as the whole face is the right size and at the eyes are at least a bit opened PLUS of course, there should not be any parent's hands. So, tomorrow DH is going to the passport office to submit the application.
On Sunday (April 22) we were invited to my cousin's condo for brunch. They've invited us a few times and we refused their invitation too many times, so we decided to come. The problem is that their condo is downtown so it is somewhat a long drive. They also invited a couple of our mutual friends, plus my sis with family and my other two cousins with their families so it was a full house in their little condo. And boy was it noisy. The little one didn't mind a bit. He first slept in his car seat, then in my arms, and then on the bed surrounded with pillows. Of course, by the time the food was served I had to feed him, and when I was done, he was next to me in the car seat but on a snap & go. His little cousins were all on top of him and I had to make sure they are not too much in his face and touching his head. Basically I couldn't eat until my sis took them away. After both the main course and desert were done, it was time to feed him again, as all the guests with little kids were going home. So it was only us and a couple of our friends left. My cousin wanted us to stay, and the little one felt asleep in his car seat, so we stayed. I was talking to my cousin telling her all the truth about pregnancy, child birth and my experience with raising our little one so far, without any embellishments. And she actually thanked me for that. The guys were doing their own thing. So we didn't get home until 11 p.m.
This week the most exciting event is our photo shoot which is scheduled for this Thursday! So, in the meantime I have to do my nails and my eyebrows, and I have my hair appointment booked for the day of the shoot. I did tell my mom that I'll need her help on Thursday. I'll probably call the girl tomorrow to do my eyebrows and do my nails on Wednesday. I told DH that I'll probably take the car as it would take be too far for me to walk to do my eyebrows, and for the nails, I would not be able to walk there, do nails and then walk back between the feedings. So this week should be interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment