Monday, April 2, 2012

March 20-21 (day 6-7) - all in preparations!

So Tuesday morning we had another appointment with the pediatrician. She did get the results from the hospital follow up clinic, but wanted to make sure that the numbers are going down (even though the hospital was satisfied with the results).
We were told that the little one needed more blood test, and to do it quickly we had to go back to the actual hospital (not the follow up clinic, which is much closer, as they would not accept the requisition forms from our pediatrician since he is associated with a different hospital, but at the actual hospital they would accept the forms as the baby was born there and his labs were done there too). The nurse at the hospital outpatient lab was great. She was also quick and professional. After we were done, I asked her where in the hospital I can breast feed the little one and she actually let us use the room to breastfeed the little one.

As the numbers from jaundice blood work were good on Monday, we started thinking about the Brit for the little one. My sis already made a reservation with a moel that I really wanted, but we didn't contact him to confirm until we knew for sure that the jaundice issue is resolved. So after the hospital we hurried to Cos.tco to get few more stuff for the Brit on Thursday.

When we got home and the little one was fed, we went for a nice walk around the neighbourhood. The weather has been amazing - the hottest ever on record. We met an acquaintance who also gave birth at the same time (and at the same place) as me. I didn't put that in the birth story as it was already too long, but I met this girl first when I was doing 1 hour glucose test, and then it turned out that my sis knows her husband and that they live just one street over. I ran into her one more time at the doctor's office and we exchanged emails as well. Then, when I was in the assessment room, I thought I heard her voice and I actually saw her. She was 3 weeks early and she gave birth about 5 hours before I did (so on the 14th), but because in Jewish calendar the next day starts in the evening (with the first star) we both had our babies on the same day. So when we met this girl and her husband, she asked about our Brit and who we got as a moel. I knew that she wanted the same moel and when I told her that we got the one we wanted she said that she figured that out as when they called him, he was already booked. When I heard that I actually said a silent thank you to my sis for acting fast :)

After the walk we gave the little one his first bath at home. And it was a mini disaster. We have been given 5 different bathtubs, and the one that we used turned out to be the worst one of them. Water was all over the floor, and we were all wet. Our little one doesn't really like to be undressed as he likes to be warm, so the bath time was a bit stressful.

Once he was all swaddled up and sleeping in his bassinet. We wanted to watch some TV like we used to do, but I dozed off after 5 min, and went upstairs, and it took DH about 30 minutes before he also couldn't keep his eyes open. So, I guess even a bit of TV is not in our cards just yet. :)

Wednesday (March 21) we were all in preparation mode. The little one gave us good 2 hour stretches of sleep during the night, plus we didn't need to go anywhere in the morning (for the first time), so DH was happy to report that he was actually well rested. The weather was amazing, so we all went outside. I had the little one in the stroller and DH was taking down the lights that we had on since New Years (we have them for New Years, not for Christmas, but still didn't want moel to come to our house and see the lights, so those went down) then DH actually moved all the backyard furniture from the garage and cleaned it, and the little one and I moved to the backyard.

While we were outside, DH reminded me of the email that moel sent us. We were still at the hospital so I didn't read it in detail, plus it had an attachment which I couldn't open with my phone. So I printed out an attachment and it contained a list of all the things we needed for Brit - and some of the things we didn't have at home. Off to the store we went. We actually had to go to a few stores to find everything, and of course, the exact things that we needed were not in any of them. The little one was getting very fussy and I was getting frustrated, so we went home without buying most of the stuff, and DH just went to Wal.mart by himself and bought all the stuff there.

When the little one was in his bassinet for the night, we started to prepare the first floor for the celebration. The moel was scheduled to come at 7:15 a.m. with guests invited for 7:30 a.m. (my sis did an invite and sent it out). So we wanted to make sure everything is ready for the morning, and all we have to do is to take food out of the fridge and serve it. While DH was cooking, I was cleaning and setting up tables. I definitely overdid it as my incision started to hurt so bad that I had to be on a couch for half an hour as I couldn't walk from pain. But we managed to have everything done, although not until early hours in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment