Thursday, January 12, 2012

31w0d - 31w6d - Overwhelmed!!!

I am overwhelmed - with all baby stuff!!! Thursday night my mom stopped over to bring some more stuff from my sis' house, DH brought all the stuff that we had in the garage (mostly strollers, a high chair, bassinet for the stroller and some toys). As my prego friend was coming on Friday to pick up stuff, DH and I had to go over what we had and what we could share. Together we went through all baby clothes and little toys to divide them up. It was so cute. As we both were seating on the floor in the nursery, DH pretended he has a chubby baby in his arms and how he is going to be playing with him (it wasn't a newborn, by the way he was holding him LOL). We then went downstairs to go through the rest of baby stuff. I found a baby carrier, and we tried to put it on. It took some time, but we succeeded - it is like some NASA technology. DH said that he would definitely need my help in putting the baby in this contraption :). It was hilarious. There was also a metallic frame for a baby jumper (or whatever it is called) and it had a spring (but the actual pocket was separate), so DH asked what it is, and after I told him - he asked how are we going to attach the baby to the spring LOL. We then moved onto strollers - we had two of the same kind (valco) and one light travel one (graco). So we were picking between the two valco ones, and then decided to look at the graco one. DH managed to open that stroller, but couldn't close it. I was telling him "calmly" not to break it. We were both searching for a mechanism to close it, but couldn't find anything. After about 15 minutes I decided to look on youtube and found a very good video (and now we know! we just didn't move the little red lever in the right direction) go figure. Well, needless to say, it was a very looong night.

Friday, after work, my prego friend cam over. We had dinner and watched our video that DH made of our mutual trip. When we were done, my sis & BIL came in and gave us a crash course in the valco stroller. Then we went upstairs to divide up toys and show her baby clothes, at which point my BIL & SIL came over. And the girls stayed upstairs to go over baby clothes, while boys went downstairs. I was a bit uneasy with my SIL being there, as it turned out that a lot of clothes that my SIL gave us, we actually gave to my prego friend, but whatever. When we went downstairs to have some tea, it turned out the neither my sis & BIL nor BIL & SIL have seen our video of the trip, and my prego friend said that she wouldn't mind watching it again. So we watched it for the second time that night, excitedly talking about what happened on the trip. The night didn't end until about 1 am. After they left, our house started to look a bit more manageable.

On Saturday was a great yoga class. My usual teacher was back and after being off for the holidays she conducted a pretty intense class, which I loved. I also told her about it as unlike many girls at my class, I am not a very active person with a very sedentary job. By the time I got home and we actually got out of the house to have breakfast it was close to 1 p.m. (we had a cleaning lady, and she was cleaning the kitchen when I got home). We found a nice place in our neighbourhood, and had a pleasant time together - just the two of us. After breakfast, we decided to go shopping and bough curtains for the nursery, and also a few shelves and some little things. I was very tired so had 1.5 hour nap (which was great!). We were supposed to go out with my prego friends and her hubby as it was the last day of them in TO before leaving for the states, but our mutual friend called and invited us to her place Downtown, so we went there instead. It was fun as all of our friends were there, and we didn't leave her house until after 2 a.m. I was driving as DH had some drinks, and my prego friend and her DH were with us in the car. We were almost half way home as I was making a left turn (on yellow) and I noticed that the car which was parked on the street I was turning to started to move. I didn't make much of it as I was in the left lane and that car was in the right lane, and of course what I didn't anticipate was that this car decides to cross all lanes and make a u-turn. I almost hit it, and the guy was just looking at me and saying sorry. My heart was racing, I don't even remember how I drove the rest of the way. I calmed down a bit by the time we got to my friend's house. This was the last time I would see her until after the baby is going to be born. We talked for a bit and then said our goodbyes, both wishing each other an easy labour. I was very emotional as the next time I see her is probably going to be in the summer if we decide to make a track to Cincinnati (provided our baby is going to be cool with driving), or until they come back for good in August. :( We didn't get home until almost 4 a.m. I couldn't sleep as I was replaying the scene of that near collision over and over in my head. I told DH in the morning that I didn't feel comfortable driving, as I found myself not as alert as I need to be while driving and daydreaming a lot. So I was thinking if DH wasn't sitting next to me and told me to watch out, I might have hit the guy. Although DH was saying that I hit the breaks pretty much at the same time as he said that. Him being a much more experienced driver, he was telling me that he anticipated that that guy would do something like this as his wheels were turned to the max (and believe me I wasn't really looking at his wheels). I am still pissed at that guy - he didn't look! at all! by the time I turned the light on his street turned green, so there were other cars right behind me. Why wouldn't he wait until the light turn red again - stupid, stupid, stupid!!! and I am not going to say what nationality he was, so not to generalize. Anyways, I vented enough and now can go on.

The next day, of course we slept until almost noon, and took it really easy staying at home most of the day. I tried to work a bit, but my remote connection was not great as I was pissed off about that. In the meant time, DH managed to put the curtains up, and then together we chose a place for two cute little paintings, and the three shelves that we bought. The nursery looks so cute now!!! I am in love!!!
Later on we decided to go for a walk and dressed up very warm so we can be out for a good chunk of time, but as we were crossing the street where BIL & SIL live, they saw us and called us in (I have no clue how they managed to notice as their house is like 4 or 5th from the corner, but never mind). They wanted to go with us, so we had to wait for them and kids to get dressed. The kids were really misbehaving and whining. SIL said that they've been like that for the entire weekend and she has had enough. They both wanted different thing, and the smaller one wanted to be carried. SIL told him a few time NO, but BIL just gave me and put him on his shoulders. He is so weak when it comes to disciplining his kids and they do whatever they want with him. The good thing is that DH & I look at how they try to raise their children and how my sis is trying to raise her children, and we try to figure out the right way for us. We promised each other that we would follow through with whatever we do, and support each other in our decisions. Now just have to put that to the test, and only time will tell how good of a parents we are going to be.

Monday morning as I stepped on a scale I had a surprise - I lost 0.6 kg, which would have been great if I wasn't in my 32nd week of pregnancy. My weight came down more on Tuesday and this morning, and I lost a total of over 1 kg, which considering that I gained a bit over 5 kg all together, is pretty concerning. DH told me not to panic and weight for my OB appointment tomorrow.

Today, I took all the decorations down from our tree. I felt so sad doing it. I usually like to keep the tree up until old New Year (January 13) and I loved the smell of the real tree in our living room, and how when we come home from the office the tree meets us with all the blinking lights on (DH put it on a timer), but the tree is getting yellow (notwithstanding that DH waters it every day), so we made a decision to throw it out with the tree collection, which is tomorrow morning. DH is at his brother's helping with some renovations (still! and it is after midnight now), and he has to take down the lights and get the tree to the curb. Hope he has time to do it tonight. We will see.

The baby has been very active the past couple of days. I seriously have no clue when he sleeps. He has been going strong for the entire day yesterday, and kept me up half of the nigh last night, and was active all day today, and even now as I am typing this he has been moving and pushing out all the time, aside from very short periods of time. DH & I decided that he is trying to show us what sleepless nights are all about when he will make his appearance. His movements now are very uncomfortable and a lot of times - painful. He just loves loves loves my ribs and especially my right side. I can't believe that he still has 8 more weeks of growth to do inside me!

I've also been having some other issues this week. I've had some pain in my butt, which I attributed to some nerves and not muscle, as it was difficult to walk. My right leg would feel wobbly and funny. The worst was on Monday, and by today it has subsided. I've also been having a lot of nausea. I am thinking that it is probably a motion sickness from all the moving that is happening inside me LOL, but I am definitely bringing this up with my OB at our apt tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment