Thursday, September 1, 2011

12 weeks

As of last Thursday we are in the 12 week territory! (Yep I am a bit behind on posting and this post has been in the making for a very very long time! but I have been one busy bee)

Of course I couldn't sleep before our NT scan. I woke up at 5 a.m. and was just watching the clock, and then realized that DH is not sleeping either, so I asked him if he is also anxious and he said "No!". I think he was as we both just tossed and turned until it was time to get up. We got to the hospital with a few minutes to spare and there was already a line up at the reception. I told receptionist that i had an apt for 8 o'clock and she just said to take a seat. I told her that I had a full bladder as I was told to drink water when making the apt and she said that I can go ahead and pee, to which I replied that I better not.

We ended up waiting for over 30 minutes before we were taken in (after the clinic where we were always taken in right away - this was an unpleasant change). The u/s tech was a young lady and she turned out to be Russian. We asked her if we can record the last part on the iphone and she said NO, even though I told her that we did it twice before and techs had no problem with that. Well she still insisted that we cannot do that - so we didn't, which was a shame. As she started her measurements I couldn't see the screen and DH was telling me what was happening on the screen, with baby moving his/her arms and legs :) and turning around all the time. Even though, the baby was very active, the tech managed to get the results pretty quickly (I sneaked a peak at the paper and NT was 1.5 mm, which Dr. Google says is about average!). Then we had a blast just watching the baby move. He/she was very active, turning his/her bum to us every time the tech would find his/her profile. The baby was wiggling his/her arms and legs, and at one point he/she stretched his/her legs so that the sac and probably my uterus stretched out, and DH was like "Can you feel it? Can you feel it?" and I couldn't as 1st the u/s probe was putting pressure on my tummy and 2nd I don't think I can feel anything yet. The baby was measuring 61.1mm, so he/she grew up 3 times in the past 3 weeks. The hb was at 157 b/minute, which is slower than 3 weeks ago, but u/s tech said that it is standard for the baby's heart beat to slow down a bit as the baby gets older. The baby was measuring 61.1mm and I am so upset that I forgot to ask the tech where the baby is in terms of weeks and days. I googled it, but got very different answers, so am trying to let it go until our OBGYN apt.

After the u/s we headed to my parents to show them the pics of their third grandson/daughter, and then straight to the office. It was our summer party. So I only spent about 2-3 hours at the office and we were out walking to a restaurant to meet the rest of the firm (yep we are always the last ones to leave - ALWAYS!). As we were really late we walked for a bit until we spotted a taxi. It was a nice day and we spend a few hours relaxing on a patio. I was hesitant at first whether to break the news to the rest of the office (there were actually only 2 people who didn't know and a wife of one of the partners). So almost at the end I said to my clerk: "It's too bad that I wont be here for next summer party." She instantaneously understood what I was trying to do, and played along. I did get a reaction from the ladies, of course. The guys kind of ignore it, oh well... After the party me and my clerk decided to walk to the train to head home and it was a good 30 min walk, which was also fast paced as I was afraid to miss my train (the first one!!! which I NEVER take). As I got on the train I realized that I'll have no one to pick me up, as DH was still at the office and my sis is taking the later train, but the weather was beautiful and I decided to walk home (another 30 minute walk). My plan was to get home, change and go to a salon to do my pedicure - again walking another 3 km. It was a great plan but by the time I got home I was exhausted. I didn't sleep well, stayed most of the day outside, and walked for over an hour pretty fast. I decided to rest lay on a couch for a minute, and when I felt that there is no way I could leave the house right now, I just peeled myself off the couch and dragged myself to bed. It was great 3 hour sleep. :)

Friday, I had to leave the office early as our friend was getting married. I was a bit anxious as I knew there would be people who I didn't want to tell my news, and others that I wanted to tell, although we didn't know most of the people there. My sis went with us. As I was chitchatting with a friend who I haven't seen in a while, I told her that we are expecting, and she said: "Me too!" I was like WHAT!?!? She already has a son from a previous marriage and now she has a boyfriend, so I was a bit surprised by the news, but happy for her as she is 5 years older than me. The best surprise - She is only a few days ahead of me! Wow, 3 babies in March!!! That's awesome! The wedding was ok, but I tried not to dance much and by midnight was exhausted and all I wanted to do is just to get to bed, unfortunately for me the sister of the groom started playing games with the bride and groom and we could not leave while they were on a dance floor. By 1 o'clock when we said our goodbyes I was exhausted. The funny thing was that both our friend and I broke the news of our pregnancy to the bride within minutes of each other as we were saying our goodbyes. She was shocked, but happy for us. She kind of knew that we were trying, but not the extent of our struggles.

Saturday, started like a nice day. My friend, J, who I worked with a long time ago came to visit with her two girls and husband. The interesting thing was that I am trying to remember how we became friends and I can't remember. We were working together - I was in my first or second year after call and she was a clerk. Then one morning I asked her to do something and she said "F- you!" yep, to my face and in front of the secretary, and then went outside. I so cannot handle conflicts, that a person saying this to my face left me speechless and shacking. When my boss arrived, our secretary actually told him what happened, and he talked to me and talked to her. Well, he wasn't about to fire me, and choosing between the two of us he definitely would have chosen me, so she quit. Then a few years later he came back, he hired her on part time basis. At first, I thought I would not be able to handle it, but by the time she got married and had a kid we were close friends. Go figure... But, back to my week. We had a nice time together. DH made an amazing breakfast as usual, and then I told her that gossip that I found of FB that the secretary we both worked with just gave birth and I added that our baby was due in March. J was ecstatic! She knew all the hell with went through, and even though she got pregnant with her first child on her honeymoon, and the second one not long after the first one was born, she still understood me. So I really wanted to tell her face to face.

After DH & I went to my BIL's house to help BIL with assembling a new BBQ - well DH was helping and I was just there looking beautiful, LOL. Neither my SIL nor MIL were home, so it was just three of us. After it was assembled and SIL and MIL came home (not together though), BIL did a BBQ, and I didn't touch a piece. I felt so nauseous that I only had some watermelon and an apple. After a few hours I decided that it was enough for me visiting and went home to --- sleep! It was around 7 p.m. when I woke up and I was very groggy. DH said that he was going to BIL's house to teach him how to back cookies, and he didn't want me to be on my own (I was groggy and whiny). So off to BIL's house we went again. As DH & BIL were backing cookies I was watching CNN and Irene, as DH & BIL have business in NY and we were all concerned what would happened to it, and whether they would have to go to NY thereafter. We spent the evening with our friends. My girlfriends were asking tons of questions about my pregnancy, so it was kind of nice that it was out in the open now. I wasn't feeling good, but it was still nice.

Sunday, I had to go to the office as my boss was leaving on Tuesday and we had lots of things to do. So both Sunday and Monday I had really really long days. Of course, when you don't have time crap happens. I don't know if it is pregnancy related or not but my stomach was upset for both Sunday and Monday, and I managed to lose another 0.5 kg (which I gained back this week once that problem went away). It is just crazy, when I didn't have upset stomach I would feel nauseous. I think from all the fruits that I eat by stomach feels raw inside a lot of times. I think the pregnancy also making me stuffed up. I've been sneezing a lot for the past month and if I lay down on my back for a long period of time (like I did when I was talking to my prego friend in US for 1.5 hours) I cannot breathe! I've been also feeling dizzy a lot which is not new to me, but I am thinking that it relates to my sinuses. Ugh!!! Can't wait for the nausea to go away. C'mon I am 13 weeks pregnant today, and I still feel like shit!!! Plus, I've been having headaches, which I haven't had for a while. I am trying to blame the ever changing weather. So we will see how it goes.

Wednesday, DH & I with my sis & BIL went to see To.tem by Cir.que de So.lei. It was awesome! I just loved it! It was the third show that we've seen, and every time it was a great experience, and we had amazing seats too. The problem was that it was downtown, and we parked very close to chapiteau and of course, once the show was over (and it was a sold out show) it took us over 30 min to get out of the parking lot. So, I could barely survive until I got to my bed, and took a late train in to work this morning.

So my prego friend from US had her NT scan on Wednesday, and she wanted to tell my sis that she is prego (she is close to my sis too). But since we were at the cirque she didn't do it yesterday. She told her today, as my sis took a day off work to entertain her kids before school starts. I was dreading this moment. DH & I & my prego friend discussed it and we decided that it was ok for my friend to tell my sis that I knew for some time as they told us when we told them. Well, as I expected, my sis took it as an insult that I didn't tell her. As soon as she hung up the phone, I got a text form her "Thx for tell me that ... was prego" yep! I told her that I really wanted to tell her but I couldn't. To which she replied "not nice". Uhm... ok. So my next text was - would you like me telling your secrets to other people. Our friend wanted to tell you herself and on her time. The response: "sure". WTH does it mean???? Anyways, I talked to DH and he told me to stop stressing out about it, if my sis wants to be upset cause I kept someone's secret that's her prerogative, but I should think of myself and our baby. I did call my parents as a preemptive strike and explained the situation to my mom, who is a mediator in the family. We will see what will happen. Ugh, so much drama!!! and I knew that it would happen this way, I've known my sis for 30 years already.

Well onto a more pleasant news - tomorrow (Friday) is our first OBGYN apt so I have to prepare a list of questions, that I have been compiling in my head. I am really looking forward to hearing our baby's heart beat - please, oh please, let the doc use a doppler! I can't wait to hear it (just a tiny bit anxious). So going to sleep now, so tomorrow can come sooner :)

1 comment:

  1. cir du soleil is amazing! I am so excited for you! Yeah..the tiredness and yucky morning sickness is here at 12 weeks. I hope everything goes great at your appointment

    ReplyDelete