Monday, September 9, 2013

FET # 2 - Day 3

It's been a busy weekend, and I didn't even get a chance to get to a computer. So here is a rundown of what happened with our FET #2.

AF was supposed to be on Friday (September 6), but it actually started on Saturday (September 7). I was a bit pissed that it was delayed, but it actually turned out for the best.  I just checked and my FET #1 also started on the 6th day of the month (June 6). When I was completely sure that it was actually AF and not just spotting, I confirmed with DH that we ARE proceeding and thereafter called in my Day 1 (while DS was taking a nap).  Well... it didn't all sink in, until on Sunday morning DH showed me a missed call on his cell phone which was from the clinic and a voice mail message advising me to come in for Day 3 b/w and u/s.

Day 3 was this morning.  I got up extra early to travel Downtown to the clinic. As I work for myself now, I am used to getting DS ready in the morning and after having breakfast with DH getting to the office.  My office is in DH's office as I decided that I am not productive at home, but we usually take two cars as I leave a bit earlier to pick up DS from daycare.  Anyways, this morning I kissed the monitor as I  was leaving as DS was still sound asleep.  I don't like it when I don't see him in the morning, but it is all for a good cause (I keep telling this to myself to quiet down my self-guilt).

It was a bit weird to be back in the clinic, to be waiting for b/w, u/s and then to talk to the nurse.  I can't describe the feeling. It is like nothing has changed and I am transported back two years ago, when there was no hope in sight.  And then I glance at my cell phone and see a photo of DS that was taken just a few days ago.  His amazing smile and big blue eyes, and I remind myself that it is so worth it.  We are trying to give DS the best gift that we can give him (beside our unconditional love), a sibling.

The b/w and u/s went without a hitch.  Then when I got to see the nurse, the clinic was so busy that there was not a spare office, so we briefly talked in the little changing room. To tell you the truth, I didn't mind. She told me that my u/s looked good, told me to buy drugs, and that she will get in touch with me with scheduled biopsy and lining check.

She just did. I got an email from her -  everything looks good, so I am ready to proceed. And 2 little pills are already in me. :)  Biopsy is this week on the 12th and the lining check is on the 18th.  I am dreading the biopsy as last time it was not a fun experience (you can read about it here), but I also contribute our success in part to a biopsy so I have to just do it.

1 comment: