Thursday, September 26, 2013

FET #2 - biopsy, lining check, CANCELLED!

I had my biopsy on September 12th.  I got an email from the clinic saying that I should have a full bladder, but being miss "know it all", I decided that I am not going to have a full bladder (just drank half of what I would drink for a full bladder) as I didn't want to be uncomfortable for the biopsy as it was painful enough last time. Well... surprise, surprise... there was a reason for a full bladder as now they are doing u/s guided biopsy... Oops.  The tech decided that my bladder was filled enough and decided to proceed with what she had.  I don't know about others, but the prep part for me hurts much more than the actual biopsy. As last time, it was very painful and I was all sweating from pain (it only lasted like 5 minutes, but it felt much longer). And that was with me taking 2 advils an hour before the biopsy. By the time the doc was doing the scraping part, I didn't feel any pain. I am thinking that my uterus is positioned weirdly somehow as most doctors and nurses have trouble putting a catheter in. I should ask my RE if that can contribute to our IF.  Just a thought.... 
icon_tmi.gif She said that I may have a bit of bleeding and cramping, but I actually am bleeding like 2nd day of AF. I could only go through this the second time around, as I know that it helped and will help me get my little miracles settled in.



My lining check was on September 18th.  Why can't I be like a normal person?  My lining was 1.6 cm.  The nurse said that they want to see it at least 0.8 cm and this is double. She sounded pleased, but I told her that it might be too thick. :(  I remember after the failed IVF cycle, my RE said that one of the reasons it failed might have been thick lining.  Last time one day earlier my lining was at 1.1 cm (I don't think it could have grown half a cm in a day, so I think it was much thinner during last FET cycle).  She checked my thick file and at the time of trigger for unsuccessful IVF my lining was 1.3 cm.  She didn't know if my RE had a maximum size of lining (I guess it has never come up!!!) So I told her to talk to my RE and if he has any doubts about this cycle, I would rather cancel and start from the beginning. Ugh....  Later that day got an email and talked to my nurse.  The situation was even worse than I expected.  They also suspect that I have a polyp in uterus and are referring me for a hysteroscopy. I am to take 1 estrace pill orally and 2 progesterone pills orally a day for the next 10 days to bring in AF.  I am feeling very weird thinking about where I put those drugs before and now putting them in my mouth.  


The end result, until I am done with hysteroscopy I cannot call in my day 1.  Oh well.... as I say myself - whatever happens, happens for a reason.


I was lucky enough that I got in to see a OBGYN surgeon this week Tuesday (September 24th). Although her office is on the other end of the City, she turned out to be a very nice lady. She managed to get me a surgery date for October 4th, and since the perfect timing for hysteroscopy is best done just AFTER a period she told me to stop all my meds early. I have been heavily spotting anyways and just waiting for the full flow. Good news is that earlier today I got the full flow, so with hysteroscopy completed, I can start the next FET procedure with my next AF. Hoping not to jinx myself by saying that.  I guess I'll update more after the surgery.  My only fear is going under general anesthetics.  I haven't been fully out for a surgery before (well, I have been but I was like 3 or 4 years old so I don't remember), and all other procedures were done with conscious sedation.

No comments:

Post a Comment