I can't believe that my baby is 13 months old already. The time surely flies. What have we been up to? Well, I returned back to work at the beginning of January (when LO was only 9.5 months old). I've been working long hours and weekends since 1998, and I didn't expect having such a hard time adjusting back to work after 10 month break. It was hard and emotionally exhausting. I talked to my boss to cut my hours, and we both agreed that it would not work; however, he allowed me to continue working until the end of March at reduced hours (reduced hours for me where 7:30a.m. to 5 p.m.). The transition of my work to the new guy dragged into April, but I am happy to say that last week I finally was able to stay home, and spent time on my computer looking for work.
The LO is doing amazing. He is in home daycare and loves it. At 13 months he has 9 teeth, he walks, crawls, points his finger at objects, plays with the sorter taking shapes out and putting them back in (although not in the right way). He is the only reason I survived at my work. When I am in a bad mood I look at the photo of him on my phone smiling his infectious smile with big blue eyes, and everything else is not important anymore.
DH & I really want another baby. We haven't used protection since the LO was about 6 months. We sort of do timed BD, but I do not do ovulation tests nor temps. I am scarring myself some times. I find myself thinking the some way I did when we just started TTC for our 1st one. Thinking about the timing etc. The good thing is that I am not freaking out (yet). I am sort of unemployed at the moment, if I get pregnant it would be hard to find a job and/or qualify for maternity benefits. So I have a plan. The moment I get a job, I am contacting my RE's office for an appointment.
I do think about our 2 remaining embryos, especially when I look at my son and think that not that long ago he was a frozen embryo. It's hard to comprehend and it's mind boggling!!! I hope and pray that when the time is right, we will transfer our 2 remaining embryos and have 2 beautiful babies. I feel sad thinking about those two being stored in a lab downtown, far away from home.
Now back to my persona. After LO was born (well about a week after I returned home), I lost all the pregnancy weight and then some. I've been very active while staying at home with him. Going out for 1.5 -2 hour walks ( 5-7km) in any weather, breastfeeding and eating pretty much everything. I've lost a bit more weight and was very happy. My happiness was short lived as after going back to work, I had absolutely no energy, was constantly exhausted and unhappy, I continued to eat the way I was eating while breastfeeding (I mourned breastfeeding, as I really loved it, it was a struggle at the beginning but ended up being the greatest thing) but my activity level was pretty much 0. So surprise, surprise I gained everything back to my pre-pregnancy weight :( So I am starting once again to incorporate more exercise into my daily routine plus really trying to watch what I am eating. We will see how that goes.
I have bee neglecting this blog and the private blog that we created for our friends and family. Although, I think I will be back here when we start actually trying for our 2nd baby and once all the tests and procedures start again. However, I am still following and reading everyone's blogs, even if I am not commenting much (or hardly at all).
So glad to hear from you! Good to see you doing well and doing what's best for your family. I am still unsure about how lawyering will work for me when I go back...
ReplyDeleteThanks for updating!!! Glad youre doing well!
ReplyDelete