Tuesday, February 21, 2012

37w0d - 37w5d Pretty Quiet

It has been almost a week since my last post and there has not been much excitement in my life. The days just pass without me accomplishing much. The construction guys are in the basement and the work is moving along fairly well, but because of third people in the house, I am usually just stuck upstairs, mostly in my office, so as not to breath the dust. I had some bursts of energy and continued knitting the blanket for my little one, although I doubt that it will be done in time, as there is still a long way to go. I've made a list of things I need to buy to get my hospital bag ready, but I don't have a car and am at the mercy of DH, so didn't get to a store yet. It doesn't look like the baby has dropped yet, so I believe I still have some time and hence procrastinating. However, I've been having some weird sensations in my groin area and lower tummy, so I am thinking there are certainly some preparation for the baby engaging on the way, given that I am almost 38 weeks.

Our weekend was also pretty quiet. On Friday when DH got home I asked if he wanted to go out for sushi. He did. So I called my parents and they were up for it as well and so did my MIL. So we had a family sushi night (sort of). Later on DH & I went to a friend's house and it was nice to hang out with our friends, especially my prego friend's husband who was here for a week. We didn't leave until almost 1 a.m., which sucked as Saturday morning we had a very early start. The cleaning lady was finally coming as all the drywall work was finished and even though DH vacuumed and washed floors a few times, there was still a great deal of dust everywhere. So she had lots to do, and I went to my yoga class. I bought a deal a while ago for 15 classes and this was my last paid class. I haven't decided if I want to go again next week, but it was hard, as with baby being big and still high up I cannot move much with my upper torso as he is pushing on everything including my diaphragm and I ended up getting heartburn. I was so tired when I got home, that I took a 2.5 hour nap. DH had to paint the ceiling in the basement, so we didn't do much for the rest of the day. Plus I got into a huge fight with DH, as MIL has been coming every freaking day to look at the basement. She came in on Thursday (even though they were still finishing sanding and there was a lot of dust) and then she came in on Saturday (although nothing changed, as they only started floors after finishing sanding). Well of course she is so freaking curious that she couldn't just pass it on, so she came and walked all over the first floor in the slippers that she wore in the basement. So I freaked as the cleaning lady has just finished washing everything. Well, it didn't go over well, as DH was also not in the mood as he wasn't really enjoying painting the ceiling, so we had a huge blow out and then didn't talk for the rest of the evening.

Sunday morning my SIL was having breakfast for her parents, and BIL called to invite us. I wasn't in the mood to see MIL again and waking up early, so I stayed home in bed while DH went by himself (a first). After breakfast DH's brother came to help with painting and push DH to paint the walls too (that's what contractors recommended to do before they progress with the flooring). So DH and I discussed the colours and he went off to the store. BIL was in the basement finishing up painting the ceiling and I was just sat down in the washroom when the door bell rang. I swore but was thinking it was DH who had his hands full and didn't want to look for a key, so I called his cell to tell him I was busy and to just get the key and open the door, but he said he was still at the store. Hmm. So then I figured that my parents have a key and if that was them they would have left themselves in (although they rarely come without calling first), and for the rest people I didn't care if they were coming without calling. Of course, DH called in about a minute that it was MIL who came to bring lunch for both DH & BIL. She was ringing and walking around the house and then knocking on the basement window for BIL to open the door for her. Of course, she took the same freaking slippers and made another track on the first floor (which I washed the day before). When DH came I told him to deal with it otherwise I would snap at her and of course he made it into a joke while telling her. Whatever. She ended up spending a few hours in the basement, and then having lunch with us. I hate the way she cooks and rarely eat her food, plus DH cooked just the night before, so we didn't need her food, but DH & BIL did eat it to make her happy. Anyways, I was happy when she finally decided to leave.

I guess my emotional state is not very stable right now, as I had another blow out on Saturday while texting back and forth with my sis. I had to stop, go down to DH so I can vent before actually blowing up. It's a long story with a prior history so I am not going to get into details here.

Monday was a "family day" so DH & I decided to make a family breakfast which we didn't have for a long time. Everyone came, so I was pretty occupied. The kids were making a ruckus and I was trying to help DH with cleaning up as well. Everything was going pretty well as I only had minimal interaction with MIL who decided that I've been very quiet lately because I am afraid of labour. Hmm??? I don't know where the hell she took it from, but I am actually very relaxed about this whole experience (which I am also surprised knowing myself), but whatever, I let it pass. Then as my parents were leaving and she was leaving as well, we started talking about a glider that I was thinking of just getting from my sis which was initially bought for my mom when she had my brother, but my nephew loves it and DH really hates it so I told my parents that we will be looking for a new glider to which my MIL (who was not even asked her opinion) said that I should listen to her and just get a chair and not a glider. I told her that I want a glider and it is not her decisions, to which she again said that I should listen to her as I will fall asleep in a glider and will drop a baby WTF??? I told her that (a) I don't fall asleep sitting up, (b) my mom didn't fall asleep and (c) my sis didn't fall asleep with either of her kids. So why would I who needs to be very comfortable to sleep (and cannot sleep even on the 14 hour flights after travelling for 26 hours) would fall asleep in the chair. BS! Thank G-d they were leaving, as I was at the end of my rope. The rest of the day DH and I just spent vegging out in front of TV (I actually dozed off and slept through half of one program).

Today, was back to the routine. I walk up feeling sick - I was sneezing and coughing and my nose was stuffed up. I was sure I was getting a cold. But after two cups of tea I felt much better, so I am not sure if it is a cold, or pregnancy stuffiness combined with overall dust in the house. My mom also stopped by and we had some more tea together. I've also done a few things for my dad, so overall was occupied. I also found chicken in the fridge and decided to do teriyaki. As I don't know how to cook, I called DH for detailed instructions. He said to cut everything up before starting cooking, so I figured one hour should be enough, and started at around 5 p.m. to have dinner ready for his arrival. Of course, it took me 1.5 hours just to cut everything. I am not a fan of cutting onions and DH uses some sort of slicer and with one quick movement cuts 1/2 of the onion in little cubes. Well, I don't have DH's strength so was struggling with that slicer for over 20 minutes, the rest of the veggies were easy, but cleaning up and cutting up chicken took a looong time. By the time I was done cutting everything DH came home, so we cooked together (under his supervision) and the result was very tasty! Plus I had an idea to make rice noodles too, so all together it was a good meal. DH actually managed to go to a store while I was finishing up cooking and get us some chocolate and ice cream (yummy!!!). He also bought some muffins and cookies and my friend is going to visit me tomorrow and we had absolutely no sweets in the house.

Also yesterday I was talking to a friend of mine who is also pregnant (she is having a c-section in less than a week) and she was complaining that she couldn't sleep, and I was telling her that my problem is not with sleep per se but with waking up to go to pee every 2 hours. Well, last night I had the same problem, I couldn't make myself comfortable. I actually got up in the middle of the night to get another pillow so I can have something behind my back for support. At the most frustrating point I was thinking of going downstairs and sleeping on the couch as that way there is back support, but I love my bed too much. :)

It's funny how it is getting hard to plan anything now. A friend of mine is celebrating her birthday on March 3 and sent an invitation, and my reply was "may be". It is 5 days before my due date, but who knows what the little one decides to do. I did email her to explain to her and of course she understands. But it is still feel a bit weird that we cannot plan much. Although I should be used to it as for the past 5 years I've been always trying to plan around "may be I will be pregnant at that time", so glad those times are over for now. I have a lot of things that I want to do after the baby arrives - like start running (although there is a tiny thought in my head that says that I want to run now because I cannot, but once I am able too, I will have no desire to do, LOL, I guess we will see.) I do want to lose weight - way below my pre pregnancy weight. As of now I am up 6 kg, which I will probably drop pretty much right away with the birth of the baby, but I need to drop another 20-25 kg to get into a normal weight range. But we will talk about that once the baby is here and on a routine. I am reading "baby whisperer" book and I like it so far and really hope we can implement it.

Well that's it for now. Baby is kicking the crap out of me both in my ribs and below in my groin area, so I better get horizontal for him to calm down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment